chp 19 Suprise!?

(Not edited)

Of course, I should have known about this! She is the most confusing girl you can meet! And she sleep like a log!

I kept the gift I brought at side shelf and was about to call her name but was interrupted by her voice.

"I shouldn't have eaten that much! Aahh!" She growled clutching her stomach. "It's all because that stupid idiot! Can't he come on time."

"Who is she talking about? Is there anyone else she is talking about?"

Before I could wake her up fully her phone rang.

"Ahh! Why is someone calling me at this time!" She turned around and flipped her hand to find the mobile that was just right side of her bed.

"Daam! Where is this bony peice! " Her eyes were closed trying to find it. I just internally smiled at her. After all this year's looking at her even in moonlight, she still look beautiful. Her messy hair, her pouty lips. I remembered, she make that pouty lips if she wants something or is irritated by me. I chuckled at that memory.

"Hello?" Niki's sweet voice which I heard after so many years made me happy. In all those four years I have yearned to hear her voice. Her complaints, her teasing, her face.  Her voice isn't what you define as honey melting voice, no her voice just held my heart. She has her unique way to talk. If she is talking with her close ones she will smile or pout, while talking even if she is angry. No matter what!

But when she has been surrounded by people she least know her face will be void of real  expression.

"Hello? Are you gonna say something or not?! You know I'm not a person to be distributed at night! You know how important is my sleep is and you choose...."She exclaimed scolding the person at other side of the call. But she stopped in between her rant. There was a brief pause and I knew the person on other side was saying the reason for calling.

And than suddenly she stood up, jerked by something or may be by some one who said something important from the other side. Like the person from other side told her the most shocking news. "Are you sure, Ronit?" Now Niki was full awake. She looked little afraid now. Her eyes twinkling as the moon light that were now falling directly at them making them shine.

"No, you can't. I told you the reason already. I want you to be...but...no...ok ok. I understand. Not now. We will discuss it tomorrow and don't put yourself in any dangerous situation. And remember one thing, be safe. You know how important you are." Her voice got soft at last sentence. And with that the call ended Niki looked little tensed.

"Ronit, you are stupid. Really stupid!" She mumbled to herself.

"Niki." I almost whispered her name when she kept her mobile aside. Her face jerked so fast that I feared she might have broken some nerve. She waited just staying there in state of shock.

"Karan?" She rubbed her eyes twice and switched the room light and when she finally saw that I was really standing in front of her, she froze. Yeh, like children play stachue-stachue,  And I was the one who told her to glue at her place!  Her eyes stayed on my face without blinking.

"Niki, are you.." before I could complete my sentence asking if she is fine, she ran towards me and got attached with me with her legs around my waist and her hand around my neck like a koala bear. Amusing girl. Isn't she?

"A special way of saying hello to your best friend, huh?" I chuckled grabbing her waist by putting my hands around her waist.

She didn't even uttered a word after that. "Niki?"