chp 12 "Her parents"

“yes! I got the message from mom. They are coming tomorrow.” Niki informed us and stood up to made her way towards the kitchen.

Nik and I looked at each other staring for a while and then in next second without uttering a word started our work.

I took the broom stick and Nik took out the duster.

“Nik we need to start the work as early as possible.” Niki shouted from the kitchen.

“mission started, captian” I replied from living room and started removing spider web that were hanging at the corner.

Talking about her mom,she is sweet and neatness freak. She love me like her own son. She never made me feel lonely after my mom's death.

Her dad, well he too is wonderful. And he loves Niki to death. And she is his princess.

We cleaned the house; I cleaned the living area, backyard and Nik’s room along with Nik while Niki cleaned her room and kitchen. And bathroom cleanup was tossed. Niki won the toss so it was done by Nik.

We were too tired to even put a step forward and ended up sitting on sofa. Nik ordered some food as we were not in the condition to make some. We ate and watched movie on t.v.

Suddenly Niki placed her head on my shoulder while her legs were hanging aroung Nik’s lap and her mouth was full with the popcorn.

See, just listening her dad is coming,she had already considered herself as Princess.

And we don’t know when we slept.

When I felt weight at my shoulder starting to pain, I woke up. It was probably in middle of night. I saw Niki sleeping peacefully. The thought to wake her up was just too hard, when she was looking that cute.

I moved a little and that's when Niki started to stir. I closed my eyes again pretending being asleep.

I felt the weight on my shoulder lift. That mean she woke up.

After a little while when I didn't hear any voice, I thought she left.

“you know what, Mr.Karan” I heard her voice, accusing.  I kept my eyes closed, not knowing how to react. I wanted to hear what she wanted to say, and if I know her better, she won't admit it if I was awake.

“I hate you, I really, really hate you” She said. My heart beat increased. I really wanted to ask why, but I restraint. And she  continued. “you know why?” She questioned my sleeping self thinking as if I was listening.

“just because of your eyelashs. How could you have those long and beautiful eyelashes!” She answered her own question by touching my eyelashes and  giggled. I really wanted to laugh now.

“one more thing which I hate” She said. I badly wanted to raise my eyebrows to ask what, but she answered herself “yours that brown eyes. Why are they so deep? I can’t concentrate on anything while they are watching me. Tell them to behave Mr. Karan otherwise..” I was stunned to listen what she was saying. She was complaining or complimenting me?

“..let it be. Anyways I like those brown orbs.” She completed.  I smiled internally.

When I heard her leave I opened my eyes. The smile that formed on face was the purest thing. I wanted nothing more than to grab her and hug her tight for being too cute! I heard footstep of her echo and went back to sleeping position. I didn't even realise when I slept again.

“Karan wake up its 6:00 in the morning.” I heard someone calling me to wake up. But I really didn't wanted to wake up. I need sleep!

“let me sleep.” I growled in sleep and moved a little just to fall on the floor with a thud.

That's when I realised that I was sleeping on sofa, rather than my bed.

Someone giggled and I looked up to see the culprit. Niki stopped as soon as she saw me staring her. I remembered what she said at night.

your that brown eyes. Why are they so deep? I can’t concentrate on anything while they are watching me. Tell them to behave Mr. Karan otherwise..

Let's verify her words! I slowly took the pillow near me without removing my eyes form her.

When  suddenly a pillow made its way on her face pulling her back to reality.

“so, you want fight, haan?” She raised her eyebrow. And within a second next pillow was on my face and the war started. We were running here and there with pillow in our hand.

She made her way toward the kitchen Island and quickly got on the top of it just to prevent herself from my attack. I quickly ran behind her but before I could catch her, she jumped at other side and made my way back to living room with one pillow in her hand. I too jumped after her and taking the benefit of my large legs, was behind her in few second.

She stopped and was trying to turn but because I couldn't stop  we were on floor with me on top of her. 

“Karan you are hulk. Really!! how much do you eat?” She said pushing me aside and I just laughed. And soon she joined him too.

We were laughing when I heard the door open ajar to show me two figure at the door. We were still on the floor having blurred vision due to tear in our eyes which was result laughing session.

Niki immediately stood up and I too got up, from my position. I blinked my eyes to get a clear view.

There standing at the door were the Niki's parents.

“bataki(little girl in maravadi), my girl…” called the man in his early forties and having same brown color eye like Niki.
Her dad.

Niki went to him running and hugged him tightly and the response was same. He patted her back looking at her loveingly.

“I missed you so much dad” I heard Niki say.

“me too beta!” Her dad said and broke the hug giving her kiss on forehead.

“I guess I am not needed here between you too” said the lady in orange saari, looking perfect in her attire.

Her mom.

She hugged her too. And said she missed her. But anybody can tell she was looking for someone.

Nik.

I saw Nik coming back from his room blubbering something which was not audible because of distance but when he came at a compatible distance and recognized the scenario, he moved towards them andin next second was bear hugging his mom.

He loves his mom, really. That makes me miss my mom. She was really the one close to me. You can say I was true definition of mumma's boy.

We used to talk, play, even scheme against dad sometimes. I was pulled from my thought when Niki pulled me by my arms taking me towards uncle and aunty.

They looked me and hugged me.

“Namaste uncle, Namaste aunty” I greeted them and touched their feet for blessing.

The hour went like that, aunty inspected the whole house and we had our breakfast. I got ready at Nik’s room for going college and before we could go to college I did a very interesting prank for Niki. Just wait till we Come back.  we bid goodbye and went to college.

Wait Niki till you come back. You are gonna get a suprise I thought in my mind.

But I didn't knew that it was me who is going to get suprise!

________________________________

Thxu for reading!

Don't forget to click the small 🌟 and commet!

Will update soon!

Till then Miss me 😉😉