chp 18 "Really?"

New York, yes I'm here in New York, completing my studies.

Each and every day I miss my home, my friends, my Niki. But one thing that make me happy is my dad is with me. He have changed.  Now he understand me, my feelings, even we eat together, sharing how our day passed.

"Karan, what happened? Are you fine? Is something wrong?" Dad asked me while we were having breakfast.

"Dad, it's been four years now. Each and every day that I have spend here will always be memorable." I replied and continued "but this four years without listening her voice, without seeing her face, without her, makes me sad. When I take my mobile just to make a call so that I could listen her voice, I couldn't. Each and every year, every day, but I miss her most when our special day comes. Our friendship day." I sadly smiled eating pasta.

"Karan, she is fine. She too feel the same. And mostly she too Miss you." Dad said looking me and placed his plam on mine.

"Did she told something more?" I urgently asked wanting to know more.

"Huh, let me think" Dad made confusing look that looked he was trying to remember if there was some more information about her.

It's always Nik and my dad that talk. They are like a postman for me and Niki. They cross our conversation to us. This four years we didn't even talked, saw each other 

"When is your friendship day? It's on...." Really that's not my answer.

"Day after tomorrow." I replied.

"Oh, yeah Nik told me. Yeah that was one I was missing out to tell you."

"Dad, come to the point." He always do this irritate me. He laughed and said "well I'm going to India today, if you want you can..."

"I am ready. When is the flight? I will pack my bag. Just give me ten minutes." I ran quickly to pack my bag.

"Karan.. karan...listen.." but I was already packing my bag.

*********

After around ... around, ok i don't even counted the time and we were in India. My country, my nation, my real world.

"Karan, let's go, what are you staring?" Dad voice made me come out of my imaginary world.

"Yes, of course." I said and we made our way to car that was already parked by one of the manager of Dad's company.

"Hello, Mr. Rajput. How was your flight?" Mr. Kapoor asked formally.

"It was great. Now can we go now. It's already ten o'clock" i was really not in the mood for the conversation, that too in this time in night. I have other important work to do.

"Karan, this is not the way to great your elder." Dad said warning me.

"Sorry Dad, sorry Mr. Kapoor." I apologised.

We sat in the car and within half and hour we were at our house. I quickly ran out to the house and opened it with my key that I always carry with me. Even in new york I used to carry it with me.

As usual I saw Kamala aunty sleeping in the room near  the staircase and the door to it was slightly open. As I was ascending the stair I heard her voice "Karan baba, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me aunty. I will talk to you later I really have an important thing to do. And yes Dad has came with me. " I informed and reached my room.

I needed a bath after this long journey, as I was feeling jet lag. When I came down I saw Kamala Aunty and Dad were discussing something but I was lingering in my world. "Dad, I'm going. Ok."

I made my way to the house opposite to me with all the things I needed. I rang the bell twice and was greeted by half sleepy Nik with Tina lingering behind her.

"So, you came huh? You took your time, and really this time of the day? We just slept, you know.." Nik complaint but was interpreted by her wife.

" How are you Karan?" Tina asked with a small smile and then turned to Nik and eyeing him said "can you just greet him nicely? We are seeing him after four years."

Yes, Nik and Tina got married just a year after I went to new York. They even wanted me to attend the wedding but I didn't. I knew if I  come back to India I won't be able to go back.

"Mumma." We heard voice and Nik made a sour face. "When is he going to sleep. I'm really tired now."

"Nik, you can't talk about your son like this." Telling this Tina made her way to the room.

"So, what are you waiting for? If you want my permission, then just dream about it." Nik replied rolling his eyes and went to the same path where Tina went.

Humm... have I just got a mute? Well I don't care. I made my way to Niki's room. She must be sleeping. And why not, it's nearly midnight. I opened her door slightly with my right hand Cause my other hand was busy holding her gift. The room still looked same, but after so many years, ok ok, only four years, She haven't changed. Not even slightly. Her room have the same fragrance, her bed at the same position, what I saw and adored the most was our pictures hanging on her right wall. Picture we had captured when we were young, when we first started our school, when we were crying as our school project  was broken by Nik accidentally and her mom just as a memory captured our picture. Our first day of college, our school picnic, and in between the biggest frame was of is starring each other. I smiled. It was me who came to give her suprise but in turn it was me who got suprised.

"I know you are here Karan. Don't hide, I want you right here in front of me, and if not you are gonna pay for it!" Niki's soft yet demanding voice alerted me.

How did she knew? I'm dead now. Of course dad must have told Nik and he told Niki. What a surprise! Uff!

"Listen Niki, I was just.."

And then what she said made me freeze in my place. "I can never understand you." I said.

__________________________________

YEAH, another secret, uff, why are they so completed? Can they just be normal?

A/N
Any Questions? Or any suggestions?

And yes, don't forget to click the star 🌟 and all your review are welcomed!

© nikkipensive.

Will update soon

Till then miss me 😉😉