chp 9 "where is she?"

It has been hours now. I couldn't bring myself to walk back. Why am I feeling to ripe something out of my ribcage and tell it to stop aching over a small thing. It just can't clam the hell down. If you are thinking what's 'it' I'm talking than it's the little piece of flesh beating which everyone refer as 'heart!' damn!

I was pulled out from my thoughts by mobile ringtone. It flashed Nik's name.

I picked up the call placing it on my ear "Karan, where are you and Niki?" Nik asked from the other end.

It is when I realized that it almost evening and I haven't gone back . Niki was supposed to be back with me if Nik was not there.

And if Nik is asking about Niki means....

"Karan! Are you even listening? Where are you both?!" Nik yelled over the phone.

"I'm in the green park." I replied but I was immediately running back to find Niki. If Nik is asking about her, means he have already reached home. And if she is not there than.... Oh God! I'm so stupid.

"And where is Niki? Don't tell me you let her go with that boy! Karan, tell me  you a$$hole!"

"Don't worry, I will find her soon." I said and before he could reply I hung up.

I called her Mobile but it was switched off. This girl!

It's really my fault. I reached college first in hope that may be just may be she was there but, no.

I was searching the whole near by area. Lastly I called Ram.

"Where is Niki? Is she with you?" I didn't even bothered about pleasantries.

"Hell man, calm your horses! She isn't with me. She left as soon as you left." He replied from other end.

Damn!

I tried her cell phone again in hope that it's not dead. But it was.

I reached my home frustrated. May be it's time to call police.

I opened my door and without saying anything to kamala aunty went straight to my bedroom. My eyes red. Of course it was as itching. Any movement now I could breakdown.

I opened my bedroom door and sat down on the bed with my head in my hand.

“Karan,” I heard an almost wispher. It belongs to her. Yes.

My head atomatically lifted in the direction and I switched on the light reveling her. She was here. In front of me. I ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

“where the hell were you?” I asked angriely without breaking the hug and making it more tight. God! She is safe. She is safe.

“I was here at your place,” words were coming out like a wishper. I broke the hug, just staring her. “where were you I was waiting here since hours you know. You ruined my surprise you know that!” she yelled at me.

That's when I noticed. My room it has been decorated.

“you planed this for me?” I asked still looking amazed.

“for us” she corrected.

“we decided to celebrate this day every year without fail. And I'm sorry, I just unintentionally spoiled our plan.” she said looking straight into my eyes and continued “I am really sorry.”

I was about to say something when my phone buzzed and I immediately picked it. Nik. I said she was here and he said he will deal with me later. He can be threatening when it comes to his only sister.

“it was from nik.” I spoke making her realized that he must be worried too.. she checked her phone but it didn’t lit up.

“its switched off, dear.” I said matter of fact.

“what did he asked. I am sure he must be worried, I think I need to talk to him. he must be—“ I cut her in the middle and spoke.

“I told him that you are here and safe. And I will drop you at your place don’t worry” and she just hmmed in response. Looking a little sad.

“so, where is our favorite dish I'm starving like hell.” I chuckled and gave her a broad smile.

She have a affect on me. I can't ...I just can't be angry with her.

“I kept it on table.” she said moving to table, taking the plate and placing it on the bed.

We enjoyed our food and talked about everything on this earth. It doesn't matter what the topic is.

“so, what was Ram doing with you in café.” I asked.

“I told you we were sharing a practical together, and we have to do this assignment together. so I was just helping him with the practical.” she completed and stood up from her place just to take her bagpack which was lying under my bed.

“that remind me I am too late and need to sleep so that I can attend the practicals as well as lectures tomorrow.” she bend down to remove the bag and opened it to remove a cover and handed it over to me.

“what’s this?” I asked opening the cover and jumped in excitement when I saw it was the English assignment, we were given  weeks ago which was to be submitted tomorrow.

“I thought you will not do it.” I said lowly.

“But I did it” she spoke and placed her bag on her shoulder “now lets move to my place, it's too late.” And turned to the door to go but before she could take a step forward I stopped her taking her wrist in my hand.

"Niki,"

"Yes?"

"Don't ever do that again."

"What?"

"Don't ever leave me like that."

"Wasn't it you, who went away?"

I pulled her closer keeping my hands on her each shoulder. Looking straight in her eyes and said "I'm sorry. I didn't know what Happened when I saw you with the boy. I thought you forget about our day. A day which meant to be for us. I feel like killing myself for leaving you, but when I couldn't find you afterwards, I swear I could have done something to myself. I ....I... I don't know what happening to me. Please, just stay around me, even when I can't be myself. "

I looked down not being able to understand anything.

I felt her hand on my cheek and I gazed up to see her.

"I won't leave you, Karan. Even when you decide to leave. I can't . And you know why?"

"Why?"

"Cause you won't let it happen."

Just a 5 min walk and we were at her door.

“why do you always come to me like a puzzle” I asked suddenly.

“what do you mean?” she asked confused.

“nothing, go we will talk later.” I bid her good bye

“bye” she said and went inside.

__________________________________

Awww the heart confession!

Will update soon

Till then Miss me 😉😉