chp 13 "Jealously"

(Not edited)

The lunch break bell rang ten minutes ago and Niki was still not here.

I asked Nirali about her but she told that Niki said she had something to ask Mr. Dev, and will be back soon.

"Karan, why aren't you eating?" Tina asked sipping her fruit juice.

"He is waiting for Niki, Tina." Nik replied eating the last piece of fruit sandwich, and cleaned his mouth with the handkerchief kept near his plate.

"Hey! That's my handkerchief!" Tina exclaimed tugging back the small piece of white cloth to her.

"Come on, it isn't like... Ouch!" Nik suddenly yelled in pain.

"What happened?" Nirali asked looking up from her plate of biryani.

"Nothing, nothing. Right Nik?" Tina said smiling coyly towards Nik to which the poor boy nodded positively.

"They are so cute, aren't they?" Ria spoke who was sitting beside my seat. She had already finished her 'lunch' which consisted of some salad. She said it's what her dietitian recommend. Apparently her metabolism is weak and it was specifically advised her to follow diet plan strictly.

"Yeah, they are. They think we don't know that they are in love when they are so obvious." I replied with a smile.

"Well, of course there are people that have same mentality. Some are even that stupid that they even don't realise that they are in love with someone or someone is in love with them." She commented with the hint of some meaning. Like she wanted to tell something but before I could ask about it the chair beside my other side pulled and sat Niki. But she was not alone, there was someone with her. The one I don't like to be around her.

"What is he doing here Niki?" I asked pointing towards Ram.

"Just hanging around dude, got any problem?" Ram spoke and Niki just gave him a glare to shut up which he gladly did.

The rest of the lunch break was done with the glaring section and I was more than happy when bell rang. Otherwise he would have gained himself a good punch with the way he keep looking at Niki, like he was silently asking her something. And trust me I am really trying to control myself. Nik too looked a little disturb but Tina helped him to stay put. Ria and Nirali just kept to themselves.

While going back to classes, quickly grabbed Ram in time when no one was around.

"What are you playing at, huh? I'm warning you, stay away from Niki! Don't even dare.."

"Woah, boy! Calm the f**k down boy. You don't have to feel Jealous over me. I know she is yours, keep her." He replied with his stupid smrik.

"I'm not jealous!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah sure. Don't worry, like I said to Niki ..'i don't date girls who are already taken!' " He replied.

Before I could grab him again he ran away. I will catch him again! For sure.

Soon the day ended and we were back home. Nik was again at the field project with his group and I accompanied Niki till her house. Talking about home, I remembered the prank I prepared before going. Niki quickly made her way inside while I delayed a while for her to go inside. I think, I should atleast make a meal for her.

"Niki I am making you cheese sand-" I stopped seeing the scenario.

"O!" I quickly exclaimed at the scene before me. Niki's Mom and Dad were sitting there with some other people. One were the elderly couple may be friend of her parents, while the other couple looked young. The girl was pregnant and the boy beside her once smiled at us.