6|| Wise Words and Ice Cream

After practice, I was exhausted from all the running and strain my muscles had to endure, not to mention the ache on my side that was still there from the fall. Glad that it was Friday, I trudged to my car, ready to have a nice warm bath and Netflix as company for tonight. I just wanted to erase the thoughts of Leah and Olivia, but they were quite stubborn, lingering like an annoying bee buzzing around your head.

Just then I got a phone call, recognising the familiar Bob Marley ringtone that Gia set for herself. She said I needed it to be able to handle all the excitement and energy she'd be bringing into our convos.

Proving herself right, she came out with a boatload of energy as I answered the phone. "ALY! YO ALY! WE NEED A GIRLS NIGHT, STAT!"

I distanced my phone from my ear for a second, having already expected the loud enthusiasm that was always guaranteed. I sighed into the phone as I got in my car. "Do we really have to tonight? I'm so tired, I really just want Netflix and my bed."

She gasped dramatically into the phone in mock horror. "You don't want to spend time with me? I am hurt, Alyssa Woods. HURT! My heart is melting with the lack of your presence, Al!"

"G, my body is so tired from training..." I whined helplessly.

A pause was heard through the phone before she tried to convince me further. "I have Netflix already up and loaded, three tubes of ice cream in the freezer and a good ass massage waiting for you here. Now are you coming, or will I have to eat all this by myself?"

There was no question on my mind now. "Yep! On my way," I immediately answered and hung up. She knew she could get me with ice cream. My one true love. And just like that, all thoughts of Olivia and Leah had vanished from my mind, albeit only for a couple minutes.

I quickly drove back home and packed the essentials, told my parents about my plans, and headed straight back out the door with a duffle in hand and my mindset on the dairy goodness that was going to end up in my tummy.

I got to Gia's place in no time as she was only a ten-minute drive away from my house. As I was knocking on her door, she came to open it in seconds and went to give me a hug, but stopped herself when she smelt the sweaty scent that I was sure was coming off me like tsunami waves.

She wrinkled her nose as she let me in. "Eck, you need a shower, like now. You can use mine. And be faster, I wanna open the tubs. Now, hyaaa!" she said, hitting my ass to hurry me up the stairs.

As I was walking towards it, I heard cooking going on in the kitchen, and so poked my head in to say a quick hello. "Hey, Mr and Mrs Finnegan! Thanks for letting me stay over!" I exclaimed before Gia started pushing me up the stairs, hearing two yelled hellos' in return as I walked further up.

I got my clothes from the duffle and took a good warm shower, staying in there for maybe too long. I dried myself and put my jammies on, got out of the bathroom and excitedly walked to Gia's room for the sweets waiting for me.

As I walked in, drying my hair with the towel, Gia was lying on her stomach on the queen-sized bed, scrolling through what looked like Netflix. She spotted me as I walked in and got up to sit cross-legged on the bed, looking my body over. "Are you still feeling sore from training? I can help loosen your muscles a bit."

Grateful, I walked over to her bed and face-planted into the soft blankets, sighing in relief as I felt like the bed was enclosing around me, embracing me in all its warm softness. "Yes, please," I tried to say, but the blankets had muffled whatever I said, making it sound more like 'mpfff pmemf'.

She got the message though and went to work on massaging my back, starting with my shoulders. She was really good at this stuff, and I took advantage of that fact whenever she let me. "So, we haven't really talked much in the past few days. What's been up with you?"