31|| Sisters and Surprises

"I can't believe we're doing this."

"One way or another, she's gonna find a way to bring it up, and I'd rather you be there to suffer through it with me."

I pouted. "But why...?" She raised an eyebrow, and all I could do was sigh. "Okay, fine. Let's get this over with."

Taking my hand, Leah led me down the wooden stairs, both of us reluctant in our steps. It wasn't like you did this every day; have a conversation with your girlfriend's sister about how she walked in on us the night before, right after we had sex.

This was a bad idea.

We turned the corner from the living room and entered the kitchen space, only to see a very hungover blonde by the island. Her head hung down as it was clutched in her hands, a bottle of painkillers sitting on the counter in front.

We paused our steps for a moment, before casually moving again in the direction of the bowl and cereal cabinets. Lena finally lifted her head when Leah cleared her throat in a non-subtle manner.

"Oh. Morning, you two," the blonde said tiredly.

"Morning..." Leah trailed off as she glanced at her sister, confused. The woman's reaction was too calm, given what she witnessed last night...

"So... how've you been?" I said conversationally, and a little too awkwardly.

She groaned in pain. "The best I can, given that my head feels like it's about to explode-" She lifted her head then to look at us, "-and the memory of my little sister and her girlfriend naked in her room won't go away."

Yup, there it was.

I looked to my girlfriend with wide, panicked eyes, waiting for her move. The hazel-eyed girl leaned against the counter and faced her sister, cheeks and ears turning a bright red as she kept her mouth shut.

I stood by the sink with a bowl and spoon in hand, almost frozen like a statue as to not draw attention to myself. This was the weirdest and most tense situation I've ever been in, and all I could think was if me throwing myself out of the window was a good idea right now. It might be. Okay, I'm gonna do it-

"Why didn't you just lock the door, you two?" Lena whined, covering her eyes with her palms like she couldn't stand the mere sight of us.

"We... thought we had the house to ourselves?" my girlfriend sheepishly mumbled as she played with her fingers, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

"Yup," was my one-worded response of support.

Lena groaned even louder, now sounding more annoyed at herself than anything else. "Why didn't I stay at Jess'? Now I've seen my baby sister and her girlfriend- Urghhh!" She rubbed her hands up and down her face as if trying to rub the memory from existence.

Leah made a move to grab the cereal and milk, attempting to distract herself from her horrified sister. I slowly made my way to the island, cautiously setting the bowl down two seats away from the blonde. My girlfriend joined me between her sister and I, settling down on the stool and letting the awkward silence to continue as we made our breakfast.

My face felt so hot at this moment, and I couldn't stop my leg from bouncing. Why didn't we lock the damn door? Oh right, I was too busy sucking with Leah's face to bother.

All that could be heard was the clinking of me and Leah's spoons against the bowls as we waited to see who would say something first. Turns out, it was my girlfriend, as she let go of her spoon with a clink. "Why did you come into my room anyway?"

Her sister let out a heavy sigh as she lifted the pill bottle in front of her for us to see. "I needed this. Mom moved it somewhere else, and I couldn't find it."