26|| Hangovers and Panics

This feels nice, was the first thought that came into my head. All I felt was a softness and warmth against my cheek. I snuggled into it more and sighed softly, only to be hit by the thumping pains of a headache seconds later.

Ugh, I internally groaned. This wasn’t a great start.

Refusing to open my eyes just yet, I slumped my head further into the warmth. It felt so huggable and cosy and-

“Aly, go hug your girlfriend’s leg, not mine,” Gia’s scratchy voice groaned out.

“Wha-?” I opened my eyes to see a polka-dotted socked foot inches from my face. “The f*ck!”

Quickly scrambling away, my stomach turned slightly at the sight. I didn’t get far though, as I bumped into something else in the process and received a soft grumble from behind.

“All of you, shut up. I need sleep.”

A gruff masculine voice replied back. “I was having such a good dream, damn it.”

By now, no one seemed to be going back to sleep as everyone started to shuffle about. Lifting my head, I realised that I was currently squished in a bed with three other people, the other two being Leah and Zach. My head was situated at the foot of the bed, all of us in an alternating sleeping pattern.

I laid back down in exhaustion, sighing out. “I need Advil.”

“Get me some too.”

“Take the whole bottle.”

“Someone come with me, please? I don’t think I can stand.”

I heard a grunt from the other side before a big thump on the floor resounded, equivalent to the sound of a body falling onto hardwood. “I’m okay.”

I was dragged up into a sitting position, my eyes blearily blinking around. “We’re going now? Okay, okay.”

I stumbled out of bed, Zach supporting most of my weight first until I could right myself. “Geez, girl. What do you eat?”

“This is all muscle, brother.”

“Mhmm…”

Walking out of the guest room, Zach led us to the bathroom and leant me against the wall as he scrambled for the cure. I don’t even know why I bothered to come.

“Found it!” he announced as I heard the shaking of the bottle.

“Woohoo. Now give me some.”

We collected a glass full of water from the kitchen and made our way back, after I downed mines of course. For some reason, I felt better just from knowing I had that cure in my system.

I went to Leah and gently shook her shoulder. “Hey… come on, let’s get you up.”

“Is comfy here though…” she mumbled as her eyebrows scrunched together, eyes still shut.

“Bub, I got the painkillers.” Leah opened her eyes then, her hazel orbs taking in her surroundings before they focused on me and the glass of water I had.

She sat up with a little effort and gratefully took it from me. “Thanks, Lys.”

“No problem.” After she downed it with the pill, her hand instantly went to rub at her temples, a pained expression appearing. “Headache?”

When she nodded her head, I went to sit behind her on the bed, crossing my legs as my hands went up to slowly rub circles into the sides of her temple.