Hope

Liz's POV

After I got brought into the surgery room, I was enlightened about the risks and problems that may occur.

There was a high risk that I could die and the doctors could not promise me, that I would survive. Still I wanted the surgery.

The type of surgery I got was a kidney operation. My one kidney stopped working and it had to be removed.
I didn't really get how there was the risk that I could die but I just believed the doctors.

After a long explanation of what exactly they would do on my body I was anesthetized. I fell into a deep slumber while getting the surgery.

Amanda's POV

After another five minutes, I decided I should just drive home. And so I did, I stopped by at Starbucks. But as soon as I got there I had to think about how Liz and I always got coffee here.

It made me sad again and I just drove off and home.
I stopped the car in the driveway and got my bag out. I locked the car from afar and searched for the keys for the house.

I found it deep down in my bag and opened the door, being greeted with the scent of hot chocolate and caramel. Devin must have made himself some.

The bag was placed on the cupboard in the corridor and my shoes as well as my jacket were carefully put away.

„Devin?" I questioned into the warm house and made my way into the living room, spotting Devin laying on the couch.

„Hey Amy!" Devin leered and sat up. The cup was firmly in his hands. „Back already?" I walked around the couch and sat down beside him.

„Yeah well not much work today." He answered and looked at me. „How's it going with Liz?" He then asked and I immediately looked down.

I couldn't even hear her name without getting sad.
„She is getting her surgery now. I wasn't allowed to stay." I retorted and pulled the fluffy blanket, which was still laid over the back of the couch from Liz's and mine cuddle night, over me.

„Oh I'm sorry. You can visit her later, right?" „I don't know...If she survives." I quickly got up and took the blanket with me.

„Please excuse me for the evening. I need some time. You know why." And with that I went to the bedroom.

Devin was the only one that knew that I loved Liz. So he understood exactly why I needed time. I saw him nodding and then I closed the door.

The pillows were piled up on my bed still from the time where Liz slept here. She always wanted to be cozy and so she just randomly grabbed millions of pillows and made herself a sort of nest.

It was really cute. Sometimes it seemed like she was a cute, little kitten. I mocked her with that name and she would sometimes blush.

I settled down and left the pillows just the way they were. I just needed to have them. Liz's smell was on them and I cuddled myself in them. I was drowning in her scent.

After some time I fell asleep with the blanket over me and I didn't even notice that I was still in my clothes. But what did that matter. I slept more comfortable than I ever had. Well at the beginning at least.

Over the night I often woke up, feeling the emptiness beside me. I missed having her warmth around me. I missed having her in my arms

All that was an excuse to get up. I just couldn't sleep when I constantly wake up over and over again. So I stood up slowly and walked into the living room.

I walked over to the couch and grabbed my phone which was left there on the coffee table. I took it and opened it. 2 missed calls from the hospital.

I immediately called back and a woman picked up.
She told me that Liz did survive and she's currently laid in a coma. She was still anesthetized.

The woman also told me that I was allowed to visit Liz. So I asked if it would be okay If I can come now. And after she gave me the okay, I made my way to the hospital.

I ran inside and almost stumbled over a dumb plant.  The receptionist looked at me and I came to a stop right in front of her with heavy breathing.

„I'm Amanda Costigan and I would like to visit-„ I was cut off by the woman already knowing what I wanted.

„She's in room number 232. Up one level, down the corridor and the fifth door." She smiled. „Thank you." I walked to the elevator, getting a level higher. I followed the directions of the woman and came to Liz's room.

It was the middle of the night and I was extremely exhausted. Tho I pushed open the door and stepped inside.

Liz laid there in that plain hospital bed and I teared up. I stepped further into the room and closed the door. „Liz." I quietly whispered to myself.

I approached her bed and kneeled down. Her breath was steady and calm. My hand embraced hers and I felt how cold her hand was. Tho she wasn't dead.

I just hoped she would wake up soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay okay. It's a cliffhanger but I promise I will update tomorrow!!!