Prologue

•●•●•●•●•

Selene LeClaire- hardly fluent in French- moved to Paris when she was a child. Taken in by her late mother's best friend, Emily Agreste, Selene was in debted to the Agrestes.

However, this chance to live came with a price- in the form of becoming an unwilling accomplice to Hawkmoth himself.

With her uncanny ability to coordinate, multitask and lie seamelessly, she thought she could juggle her two separate lives with ease. She was confident that her heart was set and her goals were clear- pursue her golden-haired best friend and never use the kwami that ruined her life before. But since when did things go her way anyway?

And how come a certain blue-eyed, guitar-obsessed boy knows so much more about her bat kwami than she ever did?

•●•●•●•●•

Important

In the Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir, things to note. In this universe:

-Emily's status for most of this story is deceased.
It is not comfirmed in the show so there is a 50% chance she is simply in a coma. In this book, however, she's dead. I'm sorry.

-Once Ladybug grants the miraculous to a holder (eg. Alya, Luka), they become fully-fledged  superheroes and keep their miraculous.

-Selene is brought up by the Agrestes but she does not use their surname.

Cover was edited by me but the art is from Pinterest.

Thanks for reading! This is my first story that is several chapters long. Usually, I write oneshots so please bear with me when it comes to rookie mistakes. I hope to improve on my writing!