Chapter 12 ❧ Lousy Co-op

I have more good news! Read the chapter till the end to find out!

•●•●•●•●•

"Lila Rossi! I demand to be brought down this instant!" I scream on the top of my lungs. I try wriggle out from my bindings and the rope tied around me only to stop myself. Hanging suspended by a rope from the top of the Eiffel Tower, I don't think slipping out from my binds would save me from the humongous drop.

"If you don't zip your lips in the next three seconds I'll feel obliged to shut you up by letting you go." Lila threatens, shoving me forward. I shriek in fear as I sway back and forth.

"This wasn't part of the deal! I don't remember agreeing to this." I shut my eyes, refusing to look down. Oh God. Imagining how far away I am from the ground already sends shivers down my spine. Yes, me- a girl with super powers such as launching herself a hundred feet of the ground has an imminent fear of tall heights.

Volpina giggles. "Don't be such a cry baby. You know what? Go ahead and scream as loud as you can- just so buginette and kitty kat arrive faster."

"Lila, when I get my hands on you, you're going to regret using me like a hostage," I threaten back with malice.

Volpina ignores me, but her smirk widens. Her eyes flicker to something behind me. "There's Earth's mightiest heroes."

"Okay, now put me-" Volpina interrupts me by kicking me back, causing the slim rope holding me up to snap. Gravity does its role as I feel myself cut though the windy air and dip down like a crashing plane. I scream until I'm breathless- like all the air is being forced out of my body.

"Selene!" I can't see him, but Grimm's deep voice cuts through the noise of wind in my ears. "Your ropes!"

Right. Right! I desperately claw out from my ropes and eventually pull free. Oh God, oh God- I can't breathe!

"Urk!" I almost choke when I fall into a hard chest and get whipped back by an external force. A pair of arms hook under my knees and back as now I feel like I'm flying to the nearest rooftop.

"I got you!" They say. Desperate for security, I wrap my hands around their neck. My fingers unintentionally dig against the back of their neck. "Ow, ow hey stop!"

"Where am- where..." I stumble over my words. We both land onto a rooftop and he gently puts me down. I almost trip because of my jelly legs.

"There you go, my lady. No injuries anywhere?" Chat Noir's green eyes look over me from top to bottom. He rubs the back of his neck, wincing.

"Aah! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scratch you!" I ask, feeling breathless. Wait. Why am I apologising? Shouldn't I be despising them?

"Nothing a cat can't handle, but you do have considerably sharp claws there." A cry of anguish echoes from the Eiffel Tower as Ladybug and Volpina exchange blows. He winks before turning around. "Duty calls! Run to somewhere safe!"

I nod meekly as he leaves. Without wasting time, I run down the stairs and out from the building I was dropped at.

"You're unharmed, but are you sure you're well? You still look frighteningly pale," Grimm says as he follows after my hurried pace.

"I'm fine, but I need to get there in time," I say. "Witching hour!"

•●•●•●•●•

3rd Person POV.

Volpina evades both of the heroes attacks seamlessly, but can't hold it off for long. After a certain time she plays her flute and a second imitation of her materialises. Without spoken words, both Volpina's split up to opposite directions.