QnA

I wished to do this at least once haha.

Questions are from TerrificTofuocinidoQuill_And_Scroll and Existential_Crisis

Warning! There will be sketches/illustrations of my idea of my original characters, if you have your own image of Selene that you don't want to change, you can skip this.

And last screenshot. Hooray for 12.5k reads and 608 votes!

5k reads and 608 votes!

•●•●•●•●•

What's Selene's ethnicity?

Not trying to sound edgy or anything >.<

But Selene is half-french from her mother's side and half-Singaporean from his father's side. She can speak Chinese since in Singapore, it's compulsory to study Chinese or Malay or Tamil , etc.

Which is why she has peach-pink hair from her mom and dark brown eyes from her dad.

Did you have a specific reason as to why Selene is from Singapore?

Besides to have a reason for Selene to be able to speak Chinese, I wanted to create a background story that's somewhat related to my own. I migrated to Singapore like how Selene migrated to France. Plus, I'm not amazing with describing environments so it was easier on me to make Singapore the setting for the Midnight Incident. And Singapore is conveniently a multicultural society where being multilingual is not very rare.

What inspired you to write this story?

At the time, I just finished my O levels, I wanted to continue writing as a hobby, but didn't feel like writing another one-shot for Luka (lol yes). I wanted to challenge myself to write a full-length story, but I didn't think I could manage my time to actually complete one. What's easy about writing one-shots is that I would write one chapter and that's the end.

The reason that it's a Luka fanfiction is because he's my favourite chillax character in MLB and we all know he's not Marinette's endgame but he could be the fandom's. I loved to explore his kind personality, but surely, that's not his only character trait. And that is portrayed in this story.

And I had this idea for an original character and it couldn't leave me so I ended up drawing her first before any writing began.