Chapter 8 ❧ Calling A Truce

If you all received a notif yesterday of an update, sorry my mistake. I thought yesterday was Thursday. ^^;

I read one theory that there could be miraculous for the western zodiac. Like how the Graham de Vanily's twin rings could be the Gemini miraculous

•●•●•●•●•

Nothing exciting happens in the month after that. There's barely any progress with my relationship with Grimm since we hardly talked besides the occasional exchange of insults. Maybe God has granted me a short reprieve since neither Gabriel nor Nathalie has given me a new errand since the Reflekta incident. On the other hand, not receiving any orders is making me feel on edge.

However, what I'm most worried about is that not only did I leave my sugar cookies in Adrien's room, I haven't patched things up with him. He's usually the better person of the both of us and would apologise first after a fight. But then again, I feel like the only one at fault this time.  He means so much to me especially since we grew up together when I moved to Paris. He used to concede and do anything I asked when we were kids- not wanting me to end up crying or fuming. If I close my eyes and try to recall my oldest memory, it 's the first time I met Adrien in summer camp. I was never alone- he was always there beside me.

I want to be stronger for him so I steered away from my quiet and glum behaviour as a child and made the effort to be bright and bold like Emilie- someone who he could rely on. I wore cheery colours like my sky blue clothes and flash a vibrant smile at not just him, but to any of my peers. I couldn't break- shouldn't break. If I do, Adrien would break too. Eventually,  my facade eventually hardened into what I believe is my true self now- bubbly and optimistic.

I promised myself that not even working for Paris' super villain would break my winning streak. But I think managing my arrogant, self-absorbed kwami will finally be the end of me.

"You're doing it wrong," Grimm says as he gestures to my palm. "When you use Oblivion, close your hand into a fist. Don't jut out your fingers- they're not cat claws. Clench them or else Oblivion would explode directly onto your face."

I clench my fist as hard as I could, turning it white. Just get this over with.  It's just hand positions why do I have to practise this?

"Selene?" Luka's voice pulls me out from my train of thought. "Are you all right?"

"She is. She is simply
as impatient as during the last period before class ends."

I ignore Grimm, dropping my hand onto my lap. "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling in the mood right now."

"Did something happen in school?" Luka guesses- as always, right on point.

Grimm cackles as a fume in annoyance. I practically dive into the new subject. "There's this new girl in my class. And she's a massive, two-faced, lying witch!"

"That's a bit terrifying since I'm enrolling to your school," Luka jokes.

"She's been complaining about the girl for a week now," Grimm says, amused at my reaction. "It's mainly because the girl has stolen her seat beside Adrien."

"Get this, she switched places with me at the front because she claimed to have a hearing problem!" I say, quoting on the last two words. "Now I sit all the way at the back! And since my life couldn't get anymore delirious, I ended up beside Marinette- the only other girl crushing on Adrien." I pull my hair in frustration. "Gaaaah!"

"You're being dramatic" Grimm says. "Besides, you and Adrien have been giving each other the cold shoulder since you kids fought." 

"That's right," Luka, the traitor, agrees with Grimm. "You're so worried about Adrien, you should apologise and make up."