Chapter 18 ❧ Ladybug's Identity

Happy New Year everbody!!!
I was planning to finsih this up yesterday but basically we went to see the fireworks and returned home at 3 am in the morning. I fell asleep, woke up in the afternoon.

•●•●•●•●•

"You guys didn't have to bring snacks," I say when I answered the knocking on the door.

"You can never have too much food. Just you wait, we're going to stay up all night!" Rose skips into my room.

"I brought D&D in case that we get bored," Juleka mumbles as she walks in.

"Aaand we're missing one more and that's..." I peek out through the doorway and spot Marinette looking around the hallway. "Mari!"

She jumps in surprise and scurries towards me. "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late!"

"Not at all. In fact, I separately gave you an earlier timing in case you do arrive late," I say with a smirk.

Her blue eyes practically pop out of her head. "Unbelievable! I can't believe you'd pull a trick like that- and it worked!"

"It doesn't work twice though," I reassure.

"Actually, I'm surprised you didn't invite more people," Rose says, throwing herself onto my painstakingly-sorted bed. "You know since everyone likes you and you like everyone."

"Nope. It's just me and some of my closest friends having a small slumber party. I've decided that I would be a little bit more honest with myself from now on," I explain, leaping onto a comfy bean bag. "Make yourselves at home guys."

"Sweet." Juleka climbs up a ladder to an elevated platform. "You have a second floor."

"I call dibs on that bed!" Rose points to one of the bedding lying neatly beside my bed.

"That's a futon and yeah you can take that one," I say.

"I brought us some pastries from my parent's bakery. It's not much-" I quickly cover Marinette's mouth with my palms, shushing her, but it was futile.

"Are you kidding?! The stuff you have are to die for!" Rose exclaims, already charging towards us.

"I didn't know you play the ukulele, Sel," Juleka says, looking over my instrument on a stand.

"I'm self-taught! I take an interest in playing once in a while." I didn't explain further such as her brother being the one to even make me consider music. That would be awkward.

"I though you had a flute," she continues. "You know...for your capo."

I almost drop Marinette's holy grail and throw Juleka a reproachful look. "I won't see the end of that won't I?"

She shrugs- a mischievous smile playing on her lips. Oh God no.

"Let's see what's on," Rose says, surprising me with my television remote magically appearing on her hand.

The Eleventh Doctor appears on screen cranking up the Tardis for the millionth time in the season. Rose switches the channel.

"Hey! I liked that one!" I say displeased.

A red-head with a scar, wearing a green checkered haori appears on screen. He swings a blade, slicing the air.

"Wow, that looks so realistic!" Rose exclaims.

"That's anime," Juleka replies bluntly.

The screen then changes to an anime-style Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir. I say, "Oh I remember that movie! I didn't get to see the premiere."