Chapter 27 ❧ Finale: Last Battle

Thank you fellow readers! Much love and chocolates from me.

I began writing for my own indulgence, but realising that so many people read my work now, I get anxious sometimes

I began writing for my own indulgence, but realising that so many people read my work now, I get anxious sometimes. He he.

Chapter: Aftermath is coming soon!

•●•●•●•●•

3rd person's POV.

Outside the Agreste mansion, the air is still and the silence; deafening. The two masters have nothing to do but to keep faith and wait outside in the pitch black of night. Whatever the superheroes are doing inside must have worked as all of the cloned super villains causing mayhem on the streets dissipated. Every last one of them vanished as quick as extinguishing a candle flame.

Despite the victory, the pair could feel that it is not the time for celebration. None of the heroes has returned, they expect the worst.

It was Selene's idea to disguise the bat and sunbird miraculous into earrings and a ring since they closely resemble the ladybug and black cat colour theme. After all, the miraculous frequently changes into various types of jewellery over the centuries to remain hidden from keen eyes.

"This feels like an atrocious idea. Should we have recruited more superheroes?" Master Shou blurts out, hands sweating despite the icy gusts of wind.

"We can't consider anymore inexperienced candidates. We can only depend on the superheroes now who have already mastered as much as they could in this short time. Pray to the Gods and hope that Hawkmoth has no knowledge of using the bat and sunbird miraculous."

•●•●•●•●•

Selene's POV.

Throwing a horseshoe is not so different from throwing one of my rings, but the dangerous speed it returns back and the sheer weight of the metal creates errors in my aim. Without warning, pain flares from my calf muscle. I hiss in shock after one butterfly had approached me without me knowing and merely brushed on my leg. The effect is instantaneous and my legs give way. I almost buckle onto the floor.

"I gotcha!" Rena Rouge says, catching me before I fall. It takes all of my willpower to tolerate the stinging sensation and regain my balance. Through a brief glance, I could already see a purple stain like ink spreading on my limb. "Keep your eyes open."

She turns away and plays a quick tune on her wooden flute. "Mirage!"

Several illusions appear, more than Rena Rouge has ever made at once. They appear as wild beasts like lions, tigers and wolves. They clash with a cloud butterflies and vanish as soon as they collide. Ladybug yells, "The butterflies disappear as long as it touches anything- even inanimate objects!"