Chapter 5

The library was quiet, normally I would be accompanied by lily but today she had other plans.

Maybe it was because it was sunny outside, or maybe it was because it was Saturday. But there was on one in the library.

It was also rather early to already be reading books, but I needed to get a head start on my potions classes.

It was one of the hardest subjects for me, and I absolutely needed to study for my O. W. L. S that were at the end of this school year.

I was looking for a speafic book but it seemed impossible to find. I was starting to get annoyed before I heard footsteps in the library.

Strange, I thought, I was sure no one was here, I poked my head out from behind the selves to recognize someone who most be serving detention.

I felt like I was consistently running into this girl, was she following me or was I unconsciously following her.

"Would you happen to know where this potions book is?" she seemed startled by my sudden question,

"you could approach a little more discreetly no?"

"I'm sorry, did I startled you,"

"No I just enjoy randomly jumping for no reason,"

Siruis would definitely love her sarcasm, "the book you're looking for is right here," she handed me a book, "no wonder you couldn't find it,"

I smiled at her in a way of saying thank you before leaving to sit back down.

It was alot more difficult to concentrate now that I knew she was walking around the library, each time I knew she wasn't looking in my direction I would glance up at her.

"can I help you," this time it was me that was startled

"geze, listen to your own words of advice," I sneered

"you've been staring at me, and it's bothering me, do you want something or are you just being a creep?"

"it's illegal to stare now?" I mocked

"no, but it definitely makes you look wierd, also your potions wrong,"

I turned myself in my chair, "what?"

"you're using the wrong ingredients, plus your order is completely wrong,"

"can't you help me than?" that was bold coming from me,

"alright but I'm not sitting down more than five minutes,"

She pulled out the sit next to me and sat down, "look if you read page 331, it clearly tells you that when you use these ingredients together it is important to follow a specific order,"

"alright but how do you know the order,"

"well the book tells you something about the age of the ingredient or I don't know what, but to be honest if you just put in the ingredients in the order of size, it works,"

"From smallest to largest?"

"or largest to smallest, it depends, you base it off of the first ingredient your recommended to use first, for exemple if it's rather large than you go from largest to smallest,"

I was sceptical, "are you sure that actually works,"

"it has so far for me,"

It didn't seem like a good idea to follow said instructions but I knew for a fact that she had exceptionally good grades in potions.

"alright, I'll try it but if it explodes or fails me, I'm blaming you,"

She stood up from her chair and smiled at me, "if you fail you next potions class using my advice I'll do your potions homework for a week,"

"you're betting are you,"

"yes I am, so you up for it,"

"what do I have to do if I lose,"

She smirked at my question, "nothing because you're going to lose either way,"

She had confidence I liked that, she looked at me once more before returning to her detention. She preceeded to put the books back on the self.

As a couple minutes passed people started to enter the library and her hour of detention must have come to an end. She smiled at me once more before leaving the library officially.