Chapter 10

"Why I am so awkward?" I thought to myself as I watched Viel laugh at a joke lily had made from across the hall.

"what's the matter Moony?" asked James, "still upset over your detention,"

"Oi shut it prongs," interrupted Siruis, "it's a good thing, he's finally learned from us,"

The two laughed in unison, "If I've learned anything from you two it's that the word stupid is to kind to define you,"

James rolled his eyes as Siruis placed a hand on his chest in betrayal, "how dare you," Siruis whispered.

"stop being so dramatic pads,"

Siruis shock his head in disagreement, "there's no such thing as a Siruis that is to dramatic,"

"yes there is," James and I stated in unison,

"where's wormtail by the way," I asked, changing the conversation so that Siruis wouldn't start an autobiography,

"hasn't woken up I think," James turned to face me, "why you wanna know?"

"because we're supposed to work together on the next potions assignment,"

"obviously," sighed Siruis, "now that your first of the class,"

"having one good grade doesn't make me first of the class," I corrected, "besides my grade wasn't even the highest, it was snape's,"

James and Siruis groaned, "why you have to bring up his name?"

"because I was giving a fact that included his presence,"

"you could have said Evans or Désir, they all got the same grade didn't they," James questioned,

"I swear, those three," started Siruis, "they get good grades in every class, you could nearly say they are top of the school,"

"Siruis," James muttered but he continued,

"they honestly must spend their time just reading over text books, like it's their only hobby,"

"Siruis stop," James muttered once again, this time I understood why, but Siruis simply babbled on,

"they should just form a group already, I offer the name reject of intellect,"

"that doesn't make sense," Siruis quickly span around horror filled his expression as he realized both Lily and Viel were standing behind him.

"she's right," added Viel, "rejects of intellect would technically mean we reject those with intelligence, though considering we hang out with you guys it might actually make sense,"

"ouch," I chuckled

"yeah, Evans, calm your friend, that's a serious burn she just handed out," James whined

"would you like some water to apply to that burn?" Lily teased,

"Gosh Lily no," Viel mockingly cried out, "if you give them water they'll probably manage to drown themselves, always watch a child around water,"

"She's trying to kill us, begone you demon," Siruis raised his knife and fork to create a cross sign, aat this point I thought I was going to die of laughter.

"stop, please, oh god, stop, please" I cried between the tears.

"probably right Lupin," Viel smirked, "if I say anything else it will be to many words for them to comprehend,"

"Hey !" James and Siruis called out, "we're dumb, yes, but not that dumb,"

Viel simply smirked and walked away, I think she knew them both too well. If only I got to hang around her more often, finally someone that could silence Siruis.

"Alright, today we won't need wands, so potter and black you can put them away now," Professor McGonagall eyed the two from the front of the classroom, "I need you all to listen carefully, because you'll need to take notes, it will be important for our next leason and for your
O. W. L. S at the end of the year,"

There it was again talking about examens, I thought as I wondered were Viel was. Normally she was never late to class.

The door sway open, I talked to fast,
"I'm sorry professor, " she huffed between breaths," there was a, and it, I just didn't, it could, I mean, I think that, I don't know if, but I hope, like maybe, and,"

"Alright enough Miss Désir, just sit down," McGonagall gestured to the sit next to me, quickly she sat down before turning to look at me, as she whispered, "works everytime, they hate distressed, disorganized conversations,"

"What?" I whispered back in shock, she put on an act, that was all an act?

"try it next time," she winked at me before opening her textbook,

"I will," I replied, "by the way," I continued, "I wanted to say thank you, for the detention,"

"No worries, it wasn't actually that bad,"

"it was alot easier with you there,"

She didn't reply, simply smiled. During the rest of the lesson I tried to talk to her again, start a conversation, but with no luck.

I didn't know what to say and each time I tried, my anxiety got in the way, convincing me to keep my mouth shut. I really wanted to talk to her.

I picked up my things, disappointed in myself for not at least trying again. I felt like everytime so far she had always been the one to start the conversation.

It was that bad I felt like she pretty much was the only one talking whenever we interacted. I worried that she thought that I found her boring or annoying.

I had tried so hard on multiple occasions to talk to her, but wierdly the conversation always seemed to shift in a strange way.

As I was about to walk away from my desk, I felt a rug on my robes.

"Sorry, Lupin," she looked up at me from her chair, "I'm really embarrassed but I don't understand what she explained,"

My gaze must have made her embarrassment worst because she quickly looked away as I stared her down.

I couldn't believe there was actually a subject in which this girl didn't possess complet talent over.

" it's just, Lily can't help because she also struggles and she told me to ask you."

"no sure, of course, I don't mind," that was definitely too enthusiastic, "I mean you can always ask me for help, I'd be happy to, especially since you've also helped me,"

She softly smiled at me, she honestly had the cutest smile, "thank you," she lightly whispered back.