Chapter 25

I sat alone watching one of my best friends dance with the girl I liked. I watched as Viel laughed at Atlas's jokes and fix his robes sleeves. The night was a complete disaster and it was entirely my fault.

I left the great hall behind as I opened one of the doors onto the outside court. The cold wind of winter hit me straight away as I stepped outside into the snow.

I wasn't dressed very much but the cold seemed to help me feel better in some way.

I sat down on a bench underneath the shelthers, watching the snowflakes fall gracefully. The music from inside hogwarts could still be heard outside.

The laughter of the crowd faded slightly as I heard a couple students run down the corridors.

Outside seemed peaceful but not quite as much as I had hoped. I wanted to run away from this evening leaving it behind and forgetting completely all of it.

I don't know how long I had been sitting outside but apparently it was long enough for my friends to worry.

Violently the door next to my bench swung open and out came Viel, "Siruis I found!" she yelled back inside.

She walked over to me and placed my jacket I had left inside over my shoulders, "What are you doing outside you're going to catch a cold. Right before the holidays on top of it,"

Siruis quickly came storming out of the door, "Mate! What the hell are you doing sitting in the snow, we've been looking for you for like 30 minutes,"

I tugged on my jacket so that Viel would let go of my shoulders, "I'm fine, I just want to be alone!"

"Remus, you can do that inside, come on," Viel placed her hand on my shoulder once again and the second she did I hit it off harshly,

"No! Just stop trying to act like my mother and leave me alone!"

Siruis quickly started to leave as he realized that this conversation had no need for him to be present.

"Your mother?" Viel huffed, "I am in no way your mother but maybe if you acted more your age I wouldn't have to baby you,"

I groaned loudly, "Find another insult, everyone keeps using that one, that I'm childish,"

"Well maybe you should take a look at yourself if everyone is calling you that, it just might be that your the problem!"

"Of course!" I raised my hands, my jacket falling onto the cold stone floor, "everything is always my fault isn't it!"

"That is not what I said! GOD!" She sighed exasperated, "why do you have always change my words and make everything so complicated!"

"So I also make things complicated now do I?

" Yes, " she screamed, her eyes started to water, "I'm trying so hard to be understanding, to be forgiving and to be your friend. I'm doing the best I can Remus, but you don't make it any easier. SOmetimes I even wonder if you aren't just purposely pushing me away ,"

"You know that's not true Viel!"

"Than why do you act like it? why do you always make me feel like crap when I'm trying to be nice? why do you always stare at me full of hate whenever I talk about someone other than a maurader and why do you have to always make me feel shitty for having more friends! I'm not an object Remus, I don't belong to you! "

" I know that! I know that your human! Why do you always make me feel like I'm a monster! "

" BECAUSE YOU'RE ACTING LIKE ONE! You know how hard it was for me when I arrived at hogwarts, I was bullied all the time. Even though I played it off cool, I didn't feel cool, I felt horrible! I struggled so much to fit in, and now that I finally am its like you're trying to stop me, you're trying to keep me to yourself away from the world. WHY? why do you make me livr threw that? "

" I'm JEALOUS Viel!

"you're jealous?" she scoffed, "that's it? You make my life a living hell because you're jealous? You make me constantly feel like shit because you're jealous? I've been putting up with your crap over jealousy!"

"Stop ! My emotions are just as valid as yours!"

"No they're not! Not when my emotions are a product of yours! Not when you know purposely how to hurt me!"

"I'm not trying to hurt you on purpose!"

"Yes you are!" tears streamed down hers rosey cheeks, "I've had enough Remus! I can't put up with this attitude of yours! Talk to me again only when you're ready to admit what you've done and only when you've grown up and gotten over your stupid jealousy! And never before then!"