Chapter 46

As Viel sat alone with me next to my hospital bed she suddenly asked me, "should we worry about it?" as she begun to squeeze my hand a little tighter,

"about what," I asked,

"Well, I don't know we don't really do couple things, I mean aren't we kind of just acting like friends,"

"friends in my knowledge don't kiss each other," I playfully mocked her,

"no but I mean, look at James and lily, they go on dates, call each other cute names, lovingly hold each other, cuddle,"

I looked at her a little sad, "Viel we're not James and lily obviously our relationship won't be like theirs,"

"I know, I know, I just I don't know, is it my fault?"

"what! how on earth!"

"I mean did keeping our relationship a secret make us a relationship without romance?"

"if you want romance I'll give you romance just ask for it!"

"Remus that's not what I meant,"

I sighed, "I know it isn't, but you truly shouldn't be concerned. If we're together it's because there's something more than friendship between us," I held her hand a little tighter, "Viel do you remember the first time we met? When we properly met?"

"Yes, I was serving detention in the library, what about it?"

"I asked you for a book remember?"

"yes I do? Why?"

"you handed me the wrong book,"

Her eyes widened, "what! I did?"

"yes," I laughed at her confusion, "I didn't say anything because I was to nervous, back than I already unconsciously had some sort of feelings for you, just like I think you did,"

"Why are you bringing this up?"

"because," I lightly kissed her hand, "people that are meant to be together will end up together in the end. Viel if we're together after everything that went down, I believe it's because we're meant to be,"

"Remus lupin believes in destiny," she chuckled,

"I didn't before I met you,"

Her expression was one I had never seen before, "Remus," she whispered,

"alot of things have changed since I've met you, I feel more confident than I have ever felt before, I feel needed and loved, I feel accepted and appreciated but mostly I feel like I'm finally me, not some monster or cursed boy, just me,"

"Remus," she seemed at a loss of words,

"To me, what you have brought into my life is a miracle, you are my miracle Viel,"

I think she was trying to say something but she couldn't, either she couldn't find the words or her body was incapable of expressing itself.

So what her body failed to express with words she showed in actions. She kissed me lovingly and hugged me tighter than she had ever done before, to the piont I thought I might suffocate.

"Viel," I struggled to speak, "there's something else I need to tell you,"

She let go of me and stared at me with her eyes slightly red from holding back tears only making her blue eyes more radiant, "what is it?"

"I didn't invite anyone to the yule ball,"

She looked at me confused, "than why did lily,"

I stopped her mid sentence, "she was trying to help, because, Viel I can't invite you either, I can't go with anyone to the yule ball,"

"Why ?"

I couldn't face her, I looked towards the floor, I knew how disappointing this was going to be for her, "it's the full moon,"

She slowly breathed in, "oh, I didn't realize,"

"it's not your responsibility to pay attention to it,"

"maybe but I should still do it,"

"you don't have to,"

"but I want to,"

I looked at her a little taken aback by the power put into her words, "I want to pay attention to those kind of things Remus, I care about you and I don't want you to have to ever go through it alone ever again,"

"I don't have Viel,"

"I know, I want it to stay that way,"

"I'm really sorry, I really did want to take you to the yule ball, I even had this whole thing planned out to ask you,"

"did you now? And may I ask what that was?"

"I know that you've always been intrigued by the whomping willow, I thought maybe I could make that place for once something joyful,"

"oh Remus," she pulled my hand towards her chest, "I don't care about the yule ball, I care about you, I wasn't excited about the evening I was exticed about spending it with you. To me the party doesn't matter, you do,"

"but either way we won't spend the evening together,"

"no, but we can maybe start having dates, now that you've made us official,"