Chapter 27

"A date?" I frowned my eyes, "you sure you didn't miss hear her?"

"Nope!" James answered back with pride, "she finally said yes to a date with me!"

"But why?" Siruis asked,

"okay first of padfoot, ouch! Second of, it's because she's finally fallen for my charm,"

"what charm?" I mocked,

"God you guys can't just say congrats?"

"Well, yeah congrats but our lives suck so we get to make fun of you at least a little," Siruis explained,

"Whatever, I'm just going to enjoy my good news and none of your words can change my prefect day,"

"Ok prongs, calm down," Siruis patted his friend on the shoulder, "we are super happy for you but also like super confused, you've been trying to get her to like you for 6 years,"

"I guess miracles do exist," I high-fived Siruis,

"No it's just that when something is fate, eventually it will happen,"

"Woah I hope you won't forever be this chessy now, not that you weren't already before," Siruis mocked,

Maybe James was right, if things were meant to be they would eventually happen on their own. No matter how long.

"Oi watch out! Oh Lupin, hi,"

"Hi Atlas,"

"I haven't seen you since the Christmas party,"

"That would be because I haven't talked to Viel since the Christmas party," I slightly sighed,

"I'm really sorry, what happened?"

I frowned confused, "you seriously don't know?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "am I supposed to know? I mean it's your friendship with Viel, not my business, I have no reason to know,"

"Well yeah but I would have thought she would tell you?"

"Why? what gives you that idea?"

"Well aren't you like dating?"

His eyes widened, "What! No, heavens no,"

"But you hang out all the time, eat together, study together, she laughs at all your jokes,"

"So does that mean Viel is your ex-girlfriend?"

"no?" I frowned again, "Why do you think, ohhh, oh I get it now,"

"Yeah, you did all those things with her, until you guys had a fight I guess. Wait you didn't actually fight with her because you thought we were dating did you?"

"What! No of course not, nooo, yeah alright we did. I got really jealous,"

"Oh honey, that's so stupid and also if she is unaware that you like her, she is super naive,"

"I'm pretty sure she's knows, did you just call me honey?"

"my way of hinting to you that I am gay, so no need to worry about me stealing yo girl,"

"oh god, I am so stupid," I sighed, I couldn't believe I had never realized it,

"I hide it well, but listen here Lupin, if you really like her and you really care about her I think you need to tell her how you feel,"

As cliché as it was, he was right. But I couldn't just go up to her and tell her, we hadn't been talking for months.