Chapter 44

There I was the next day, ready to explain everything to Viel. You'd think something so silly with such an easy explanation would go well.

Well obviously not in my case of bad luck, though you already know that because in just a few hours I'm going to be in the hospital wing.

Classes hadn't even started yet, to tell just how bad I started this day off. I hadn't seen Viel in the great hall and I desperately wanted to talk to her before class started.

So with the mauraders we split up in groups of two, Siruis and Peter, James and myself.

I had told them what had happened last night and that I needed to fix it. Siruis said I was a hopeless romantic and James incouraged me to believe in my forbidden love. Those dumbass's.

After maybe ten minutes James found her in the courtyard, though he told me I wasn't going to like what I was about to see.

Pushed up and trapped against the tree was Viel, surrounded by a group of Dumstrang students, in the front of course was James.

"Great," I thought to myself, what did that douche want?

"Oh my god I'm so fucking happy for you," Viel spat at James's face,

"Woah watch it we've got a bad girl," the other  Dumstrang boys mocked,

"you know it's a shame you didn't want to be my partner to the ball," James smirked at her, "though you know it's not as if I didn't have options,"

"Great so you're going to leave me alone now?"

"Oh you thought it was that easy?" James smirked slowly disappeared, "you ignored me, humiliated me and you think I'm just gonna brush it off?"

"so what you want to bet me up? Go ahead try,"

"hit a girl, no I would never, plus that's not humiliating,"

Clearly Viel had had enough she pushed James aside and as she tried to walk away the other boys blocked her, "get out of my way or regret it," she coldly spoke,

"what are you going to do? You can't use magic it's forbidden," the boys mocked, though she didn't need to prove herself with one quick hand movement she punched the boy standing in front of her.

Sitting next to me James quicking responded to her actions, "ohhh," he whispered, "she hit him well, look at her Remus we raised her well,"

I rolled my eyes, she had always been like that, literally our first impression of her was when she punch a slytherin in the face.

"You bitch!" one of guys shouted, that was more than enough, I stood up from behind the wall, James tried to stop me but within seconds he joined in and followed me towards the group.

"Enough!" I shouted across the court, "step away from her,"

The group turned around to face me and frowned, "she just punched me in the face do you really think we're gonna let her leave?"

"you only got what you deserved," James stepped forward from behind me, "you're a bunch of dicks,"

They shortly laughed but it quickly stopped as they placed their attention on Viel again. "You've got some lame wannabe heros here for you, let's see how much they're willing to do,"

And with that one of them grabbed Viel by the hair and threw her to the ground, that was enough to set me off, both James and I charged at the group of 5 guys much taller and much stronger than us both.

A few punches were thrown when suddenly Siruis appeared out of no where.

"having fun without me," Siruis spoke just as he head butted the guy in front of him,

"Stop this immediately," as we all recognized the strict voice of McGonagall we stopped right in our tracks, "what do you think you are doing!"

None of us wanted to answer her question, "I would have expected better from a bunch of seventh graders but mostly from Dumstrangs champion, what kind of example are you setting for those who look up to you, to all of you,"

"Professor I honestly don't think any students look up towards us,"

"Mr. Black this is not the time for any of your silly jokes, I would expect better from my own students, this is far beyond messing around and playing foolish pranks,"

"It's my fault," Viel spoke, "I started it,"

"did you now!" McGonagall seemed shocked, "I know you tend to get angry but this is far more than a simply punch, this is dangerous behavior,"

"I know," she whispered in response of her grandmother's disappointment,

"don't lie to her Viel," I wasn't going to let her take all the blame, "they were harassing her, Viel defended herself and they were the ones that started the fight,"

"don't get involved Mr. Wannabe Hero," that bastard James smirked,

"cause you think I'm going to let you get away with this," I hissed,

"Mr. Lupin that is quite enough," McGonagall tried to stop us but James kept pushing me,

"there's nothing you can do, I'll continue if I please," and with Viel standing right next to him, he narrowed his eyes at her, licked his lips and placed his hand on her back,

McGonagall didn't get the time to yell at him, I had snapped he had pushed me far enough, I threw myself at him and tackled him to the ground.

The second he was no longer in a position of power I raised my fist and in the rage of that moment I spat on him.

"Don't you dare ever touch my girlfriend again!" I shouted as I proceeded to punch him so hard he blacked out.