Chapter 19

Friday night had apparently become game night.
Every Friday in the gryffindor commun room we would have a game night.

Most of the times it was muggle games because they seemed to be more fun and easier to play. But occasionally we would play wizard chess or some other sort of wizard game.

The regulars at these game nights, would be of course Lily, Alice and Viel who were the creators of these Friday evenings.

Than you would nearly always find us mauraders, along with some other ravenclaws and hufflepuffs.

This evening it was true or dare, except Siruis decided to add a challenge. If you refused you had to take a shot of fire whiskey.

Normally we wouldn't be allowed to have any alcohol with us, we were underage. But in the end fire whiskey wasn't just alcohol.

Besides in the wizarding world alcohol seemed to be less of a touchy subject. Butterbeer was an alcohol and we were still allowed to buy some whenever we went to hogsmede.

We were maybe an hour into this game and both Alice and Siruis had drank quite a bit. Alice kept refusing to answer, I think she just wanted to drink.

Siruis on the other hand did everything we asked him he just still drank after every turn. At this point they were both out, sitting in the corner giggling to themselves.

"Remus your turn, do a dare!" Lily pushed me on,

I didn't even get the time to answer that Siruis yelled across the room, "I dare you to kiss Viel!"

That was out of the question! "I'm not taking a dare from a drunk guy!"

"come on just do it Remus," James nagged,

"I'm done playing, I'm off to bed, it's late," I wasn't going to kiss Viel over a bet and make her feel objectifed.

I could hear them still playing downstairs in the commun room. I laid quitely and uncomfortablely on my bed.

I regreted not kissing her, it was maybe the one chance I would have gotten to do so. I knew that I had done the right thing by refusing, but I still really wish I could have.

Just as I finished my train of thought, calming myself down, someone knocked on the door.
"It's open," I indicated to the person on the other side,

"I'm sorry you might not want to talk to me," I recognized the voice immediately,

"No it's fine Viel, come in,"

She slowly pushed the door open and walked into the room. This was the first time she had ever been in my room, you could tell.

She walked slowly towards me but was looking in every other direction. She hesitated before lightly touching the objects around the room, as if they were a fragile as pixie dust.

"we can reschedule our conversation if you want to investigate the room," I laughed,

"Oi, shut up, I'm curious is all,"

"Why did you come up here?" I sat on the side of my bed,

"I just wanted to make sure there weren't any hurt feelings between us,"

"No, of course not,"

"It's just, I get it, you shouldn't force yourself to do something you don't want to, I support that. And you should never feel bad about standing up for yourself, even if it is towards your own friends."

"Those are wise words Viel,"

"I have a wise grandmother,"

"but you're forgetting about yourself," I started to correct her statement, "The dare didn't just involve me, it was unfair towards you too. That's why I said no,"

"It's fine Remus, you don't have to worry so much about me,"

There was this moment of silence, it wasn't awkward but it wasn't relaxing either. We sat next to each other on my bed, in complet silence.

It was peaceful but at the same time painful. There were painful emotions feeling the air in the room.

I thought that I was maybe the only one that felt them, but slowly and as delicately as a butterflies wings, Viel placed her hand onto mine.

She was slightly trembling, was it the cold? Or did she also feel this pain?

She turned to face me and as she did, I did the same. She put on the most painful smile I had ever seen her make. I knew that she often faked her smiles and laughs, but this one was different.

"Remus, I-" she started to say something but I didn't give her the chance to, I rapidly placed one hand on her cheek and pulled her towards me.

The kiss was fragile and delicate just like her previous mouvements and words. It didn't last long but it was filled with every piece of her, it was the most honest she could ever be.

As I pulled away, I saw her expression, she was shocked and confused, "why?" she whispered,

"A maurader never refuses a bet,"