Chapter 41

There she was, sitting by the age of the cliff. The lake just bellow the hills of rocks and stones.

It was cloudy and the distance was invisible covered by the smoke of the cold. Nothing was still, as the wind angered everything within it's reach.

Her hair danced with the wind at the same pace as the trees in the distance. Everything was full of life yet all I could see was her. She was dressed in black, yet she was the most colorful thing I could see.

Nothing could pull my attention off of her, as I stared mesmerized by her being. How did I manage to have her fall in love with me.

I was her imperfections, her only flaws. I was the only thing that could possibly be holding her back. Yet she choose to fall in love with me.

Maybe it wasn't a choice, maybe love is uncontrollable, we can't help who we love and how we love them. Is that the beauty of love?

This moment was special, it showed me how far we had come. From the first time we met each other, 2 years ago, to today.

We had been close friends, we had fights, we hated and loved one and other. We lied in our honesty and dreamed of what would now be reality.

Now here I was, here we were, together on the cliff, the only girl I needed only steps away from my reach, yet I knew I didn't have to run after her. She was already mine.

"Viel?" I whispered into the wind, "I need to ask you something,"

Even if it was only a whisper, the wind had carried my voice towards her, "Yes?" she turned around to face me,

"i would like you to be my partner to the yule ball," I held my breath waiting for an answer, than I heard a small giggle,

"that explains why you invited out here, I thought this was maybe a date, not that it isn't, right?"

"euhmm right,"

She smiled lovingly as she realized I didn't actually know whether this was a date or not, "what are we going as?" she asked curiously,

I raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"

"Will we be friends or dates?"

"but we're not supposed to tell anyone?"

"maybe it's time,"

Just as my excitement raise a whole new high, I opened my eyes. It was all just a dream. I couldn't believe it! Damnit, at least now I have an idea of what I could do.