Chapter 28

"We get it!" I yelled at James that wouldn't stop talking,

"Yeah James," Siruis sided with me, "you talked about so much before but it's nothing compared to now, would you just shut it?"

"guys come on!" James raised his hands, "I've been waiting for this moment for 6 years!"

"Sure and we're happy for you, now will you stop?" I pleaded hoping he finally would,

"alright on one condition," James smirked, something maurader like was about to go down, I could smell it.

"Ouch!" Peter squealed,

"It's just a branch Peter," Siruis snapped the branch in half,

How on earth did I end up here? In the middle of the forbidden forest on a Friday evening at 1am.
So technically more like Saturday morning.

"Remus come on walk faster! We're gonna keep her waiting!" James shouted,

"Her?" I was confused, "who's her supposed to be?"

He didn't answer and I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose. Here I was helping James find a perfect flower for Lily at 1am and he couldn't answer a simple question, how typical of him.

"I should be sleeping!" I yelled out to James,

"Whatever grandma," he answered back,

"oh so you can hear me, you're just pretending to be deaf when it suits you," I sighed as I waited for an answer but received none, I should have stay in our dorm.

"Ah! Stop !" James cried for a distance, "It's me you snake!"

What was going on? I stared at Peter but he didn't seem to know anything I didn't.

"James?" Siruis called out to his now missing friend, "Oi mate?"

There was complet silence as the three of us tried to figure out were James had disappeared to. Then out of the blue, James pranced onto Siruis as Viel slid on the forest floor and kick Siruis down.

The two mauraders crambled one after the other as Viel stood in front of them laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.

"just to do that this whole thing was completely worth it," she managed to say between breaths,

"Oi James !" I shouted at the fallen maurader, "Can we talk two seconds when you decide to get up?"

I was desperately impatient as his slow steps towards felt like those of a newborn.

"what do you what Rem ?" he asked shaking out the leaves in his hair,

"Why on earth is Viel here?"

He frowned at me, "cause you honestly thought we'd be able to fing this flower on our own? Come on!"

"you know how awkward this is for me," I sighed,

"Well take the occasion to talk with her,"

Other than Siruis and James acting as stupid as they normally do, no one was talking. We walk through the forest for what felt like hours, as I stood inches away from Viel.

This was horrible, all I wanted to do was talk to her but I felt like my 5th year self all over again, I couldn't figure how to start the conversation.

"You've got a branch stuck in your hair Lupin," she coldly spoke,

I hated it so much that she called me lupin, but than again I guess that's what I deserve for being a jerk.

We hadn't talked since the Christmas party and we had just officially entered the month of April. It had been really weird, she'd still be in the gryffindor common room every Friday night, for game night.

She'd stay in our common room with lily and even sleep there on the weekends. She'd eat breakfast with lily and sit under the trees of the Courtyard with Alice and Mary, along with Atlas.

Ever since we had stopped talking she seemed to had made alot of friends, maybe I was the problem, I was holding her back.

"Remus! RUN!" I was pulled out of thought by Siruis as he screamed my name across the forest.

A group of acromantulas had come charging after the Siruis and James and they had decided to lead them back to us.

As Peter run in one direction and Siruis and James in another, we all ended up being separated.

I run as fast as I could no longer seeing anyone in sight, I could hear Siruis yelling and Peter squealing.

Suddenly and red spark, "Stupify!" I heard Viel shout, "Stupify!" once again another red spark came flashing through the forest trees.

Nothing could be heard, after her second spell everything had gone quiet, I wondered whether she had managed to push the acromantulas away.

I listenned as carefully as possible for a sound any sound, but nothing. I begun to worry as I run back in the direction I came from.

Within minutes I found myself face to face with a fully grown acromantulas, clearly they hadn't left. I pulled out my wand and hit it with the first defense spell that came to mind.

Behind it followed two other acromantulas, I was surrounded and they wouldn't seem to leave to matter how many time I hit them with a spell.

As they closed in around me I heard Siruis scream in the distance. It was a painful and agonizing scream, whatever had happened it wasn't good.

As I tried to escape the acromantulas to find Siruis, the branches in the trees nearby began to shutter and rustle.

What was going on?