Chapter 43

Lily isn't a bad person, she would never proposely hurt any of her friends. So I didn't understand whqt her reasoning was behind lying to Viel about the fact that I invited someone else to the yule ball.

I didn't know what to do, whether I should talk to Viel about it or confort lily. Considering I had been spying on a private conversation in any case I was going to be put in a bad situation.

I didn't want to but I couldn't help but be mad at lily. At least now I know why she didn't want me in the room.

That was it, the second I heard the common room door close shut I bursted into the living room incapable of controlling my rage against what lily had just done.

"what's wrong with you," I directed all of my rage into my voice, "why would you do that!"

She seemed frightened by me, at the same time I don't think anyone has ever seen me so mad, especially lily.

"Remus," she mumbled, "I was only trying to help,"

"help with what, have you gone insane?"

"no," her voice lowered into a whisper as mine rose into a shout,

"Why Lily, why !"

"The moon," she barely managed to mumble,

"what?" I lowered the tone of my voice, confused by the words she hd just mentioned,

"Christmas is the full moon,"

My heart sunk into my stomach, "the full moon is on Christmas," I whisper to myself, (sorry but it's true)

"yes, I thought that telling her that you couldn't go with her would be a good excuse as to why you wouldn't be with her, I know it's a painful one but I think it would have been easier for her to hear it from me than from you,"

I couldn't believe it, all of this was my fault, we hadn't told anyone that we were dating but no one was also aware that Viel knew for my condition.

"Lily," I hushed in pain, "she knows,"

"what!" I could see the shock and sudden realization in lily's eyes, she had just realized what she had done, "why did you never tell, oh no,"

"don't blame yourself lily, it's my fault I never told you that she was aware, I never told you that I had finally been honest with her,"

"Remus, I'm so sorry, I was really just trying to help, I already felt really bad doing it,"

"its fine lily, really I forgive you,"

She slightly smiled pain in her whole expression, "I'm sorry," she hushed once more,

"honestly this is mostly my fault, I should have already asked her by now, the yule ball is next week, though I should have also been aware of the full moon," I sighed, "I can't believe I can't go,"

Lily expression soften with sadness and grief, I knew she felt bad for me.

"I promise I'll fix all of this tomorrow Remus,"

"no," I stopped her, "I'll do it, I want to be able to tell her myself that I can't take her,"

Ah poor Remus! I didn't actually make this up, it's Canon, December the 25th in 1977 was a full moon.  The poor boy spent his last Christmas at hogwarts as a werewolf.