Chapter 49

The day was slowly coming to an end.

We had left the cliff a few hours ago, we walked around the lake and played in the water.

I wish I could stay with her but soon I was going to have to leave her.

"you know McGonagall used to tell me stories about you guys,"

"what! Really?"

"yeah when I was 12 she told me about these boys that acted like rebels. She said that they were constantly breaking rules just to see if they could,"

"that does sound like us," I laughed, "what else did she say,"

"She said that you were the best students she had,"

I was more than surprised, "what?"

"even though you missed behaved you did it for fun, never hurting anyone. She knows you're all bright students, you have excellent grades after all."

"I wouldn't have thought that she saw us in that light,"

"She really likes you four," she smiled at me, "there's a reason you all don't get the amount of detention you should be getting,"

"I thought that was you that just asked her not to,"

"there's a little of that too,"

How she could be so playful and mischievous, "say, Viel,"

She stopped in her tracks and turned to look at me, "yes?"

"if McGonagall is your grandmother, how come you grew up in France?"

"my mom married and french man and had a son with him, after they got divorced she still decided to stay in France since that's were her son grew up,"

"what was your brother's name?"

"Bleddyn, funny enough the name means wolf hero," I could hear the pain in her voice, I knew that her brother was a sensitive topic,

"what about your mother?"

"huh? What about her?"

"you never told me what happened to her,"

"to be honest Remus neither do I, one day McGonagall came to our house and told me I was leaving,"

"that's it? You haven't heard from her,"

"I had hope at first, but I think my brother's death was to hard for her to cope with, I don't know what happened to her, neither does my grandmother,"

"I'm so sorry,"

"Why ?"

"because it must be difficult, I know you say it doesn't bother you but it had to at some point,"

"Remus, it still bothers me, I haven't gotten over it, I'm still trying to get over my brother's death. It's hard but I pretend that I'm fine, it feels easier, fake it till you make it I guess,"

"Viel, you don't have to,"

"we all go through difficult situations, you have your condition I have my family, besides family problems is a common thing, Siruis has also gone through alot,"

"but pretending can't be good, it can't be healthy,"

"I can't start thinking about, because than I spiral down a dark tunnel of unanswered questions. Like why did my brother kill himself, why did my parents get divorced, why did my mother abandon me, is McGonagall now the only family I have or do my real parents still count?
Who even are my real parents, are they still alive? Why did they give me up? Do I maybe have siblings I'm unaware of?
You see the problem Remus? It never ends, "

" somethings never do, "

The sun begun to set quicker than I had anticipated, rapidly we were surrounded by darkness.

I didn't want Viel stay near but she insisted to walk back with me.

" I've already put you to sleep as a werewolf before, I'll be fine, "

" I'm sorry you what? "

" it's a long story, but I'll tell you all about it tomorrow if you like,"

"wait when was this?"

"awhile," she looked towards the ground,

"awhile as in after or before I told you I was a werewolf,"

"before,"

"Well no wonder you weren't surprised when I told you, and yet there I was thinking being a werewolf was no longer shocking news when I told you,"

"I always kind of knew, there are symptoms that you and my brother shared,"

"was your brother already a werewolf when you moved in with them?"

"I was a year old when I was adopted by my mom, my brother was 6 at the time, I don't think my mother would have taken me in if he already was a werewolf,"

"because she wouldn't have wanted to put you in danger?"

She stared straight at me, with this intense stare, "no," she slightly whispered, "because she wouldn't have wanted my brother thinking she was replacing him,"

The full moon was probably just minutes away, I knew she didn't want to leave me but as we stood in front of the whomping willow she knew it was time for her to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning?" she had these big puppy dog eyes as she said it,

"as always, you know where to find me,"

"yes I also know I have to bring you breakfast, if I want to enter the hospital to see you,"

"that's my girl,"

She slightly chuckled at my comment before stepping closer to kiss me goodbye. I don't think I would ever get used to her doing that, everytime it felt like I won the lottery.

"I'll start by singing you the lullaby of woe," she smiled,

"Oh a little creepy,"

She laughed once again before slowly walking herself back up to the castle. I watched her for awhile before I myself headed down the whomping willow.

As I made it into the willows room I sat down on the side of the bed, waiting for the moon. I think that this was the first time I didn't fear nor did I wish to escape it.

I knew that my past wasn't perfect, and that it was filled with horror and difficult times, but for some reason I truly believed that the future would be much brighter.

(spoiler, it wasn't, sorry Remus,)