Chapter 9

It was a habit of us mauraders to get detention, but normally I served along side the other mauraders, not alone.

"James and Siruis are never going to let me live this down," I thought to myself as I begun de-weeding the pumpkin patches.

Fascinating, I know, but that was my detention. I thought it would be rather easy but a bunch of fairies keep pulling my hair and blocking my view.

" leave our pumpkins alone, " they bellowed,

I shoeed them off as often as I could but it was really bothersome, professor Kettleburn most likely knew this and that's why he gave it to me as detention.

As I struggled to keep the fairies at a distance, they suddenly disappeared. They soft and calming sound of someone humming incouraged them to leave.

I searched for a couple minutes, wondering who was singing. The voice seemed familiar and I allowed my hearing to guide me towards it.

Slowly I left the pumpkin patch, who really cared if I didn't finish. As I followed the voice I approached the tree I often sat under.

I could see a figure and hear the voice but at this point the sun had set to far down for me to be able to recognize the person from afar.

So enough the humming transformed into words as I listened closely.

"Playing the obedient daughter, Brought you where the wolf bane blooms"

What was this song?

"Sacrificed in sacred slaughter, 'Neath the pale light of the moon,"

This song was definitely talking about a wolf right?

"Your form lies wreathed in ruby red, A scarlet halo round your head,"

The voice suddenly stopped singing.

"can I help you lupin?"

Finally I recognizes the voice, "Désir ?"

"that is my name, shouldn't you be in detention?"

"I was, but then, well now I mean, I'm not,"

she chuckled, "you just left detention?"

"kinda yeah, that's pretty much what happened, I mean, like, you were singing and I was curious, because the fairies left and pumpkin weeds are difficult to pull out,"

"wait wait," she stood up from under the tree and walked towards me, "I'm sure you think you're explaining yourself but you're really not, what's this about fairies?"

I kinda of ignored her question completely and blurted out, "you have a nice voice," man I'm so awkward,

She smiled lightly and pushed her hair behind her ear, clearly I embarrassed her, "thanks," she whispered, she was so cute, "but that doesn't explain the fairy story or the pumpkins either,"

"right right," I turned away from her, her embarrassment made me even more embarrassed, "I'm supposed to be pulling out the weeds in the pumpkins patches, but the fairies kept bothering me until you started to sing,"

"yeah that would be because fairies hate high pitch noises,"

"oh come on," I looked at her with compassion, "you're singing isn't that high pitched,"

"No !" she laughed, "I'm not insulting myself, it's really that fairies just don't like high pitch noises, so singing normally is a good repulsive effect,"

"oh," I didn't know what to say,

"listen you should probably finish your detention," she looked over my shoulder and behind me, "or we could finish it,"

It took me a couple of seconds to understand what she was implying, "no, come on, you didn't get the detention you shouldn't have to help,"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't really have anything better to do, besides you might need me if the fairies come back,"

I laughed, "smooth move,"

"I know," she smiled before walking passed me towards the patch.