Chapter 1

Do-eun's POV

My legs froze up as they walked through the courtyard of Seoul High school. Not because I was cold, and not because it's the middle of winter when school starts.

But because I am terrified that people might talk about me that one incident from 4 years ago.

"Heol, isn't that Kang Doeun?" A few girls from beside me started snickering.

"Yeah, she's the one who got pantsed from middle school!"

I bit my lips and shut my eyes tightly. My life was ruined from 4 years ago by the one villain in my life.

Choi

Yeon

Jun.

I remember it like yesterday. Yeonjun and I were known for pranking each other. When he'd prank me, I'd prank him equally, maybe harsher.

Spit balls and throwing paper airplanes were nothing compared to what he and I did to each other. When he pretended to be my crush Beomgyu and messaged me on Instagram, he posted the entire conversation on the school's assembly board.

I pranked him taking his stuff and selling it to his friends. Which, you have to admit, was pretty funny. Or that time when I pretended to be an agent from SM entertainment and asked for a video of him rapping about an orange.

Of course I posted that video on YouTube and got 1 million likes. I couldn't tell whether we hated each other or we just enjoyed our company to the point it didn't bother us anymore.

It all changed when I first got my boyfriend in 8th grade. Yeonjun was strangely acting weird around him and always was giving a smug smile whenever my boyfriend and I talked. And then, that afternoon, my boyfriend dumped me.

It didn't take me a while to find out that Yeonjun had pranked texted saying that I was cheating on him with Yeonjun.

When I stopped pranking Yeonjun back, he found it weird. I tried to make it known that I was mad at him and he didn't scare me anymore. I remember I was devastated when my boyfriend broke up with me.

He was my first love, and I don't remember caring for someone like him.

I stopped talking to Yeonjun, and he stopped pranking me too. Soon after, he started dating.

In the 5th month of 8th grade, I pranked him the same way that he pranked me. But, I found out something harsh that would break him.

I didn't tell him, because I wanted him to feel the same thing I felt. When the day came that I knew, his girlfriend broke up with him. 

I didn't feel sorry for him. The prank war was done, and I couldn't have been happier. After all, I wasn't the one who broke his heart.

His girlfriend did.

One day, I was swinging on the swing at my playground in my apartment complex. My friends were around and my crush was there too.

Beomgyu Choi.

Unknowingly, I forgot that the fact of Beomgyu being close with Yeonjun. Yeonjun had secretly tagged along.

He pantsed me from my skirt and my underwear was shown on display. Even my friends were pointing and laughing.

I wanted to cry.

But him...

Yeonjun, was laughing beside me. After that, I moved schools. So I couldn't see him again.

So I wouldn't see him again.

But no today will be different! No more pranks, no more crushes. I just want a simple school year. It's my last year in Seoul High school and I couldn't be happier.

I hated studying and also staying in the same position for over an hour. I opened my new locker for the year and stored my books inside. Strangely, I felt as if someone was looking over my shoulder.

"Ms. Kang Doeun,"

A familiar voice approached me from behind in the hallway.

I froze.

"Remember me?"

I bit my lips. And sighed. When I turned around, I saw a tall student.

He looked familiar.

"Yah, do you seriously not remember me?" He pouted. I cocked my head in confusion. Who was this guy?

"Um..." I said speechlessly. His eyes blinked and his uniform was neatly trimmed.

"Yah, it's me," He placer his hands on his hips, "Choi Yeonjun."

I didn't know if I was supposed to be happy to see him or mad to see him. All that could come out of my mouth was,

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

He grimaced and plugged his ears while I screamed. I could hear the blood rushing in my veins. I was getting frustrated.

Why did it have to be him when I'm just trying to have a damn peaceful year!

"Chill," He rubbed his temples. "I transferred."

"You? Transfer?" I scoffed. "Don't make me laugh, why do you always have to show up somewhere in my life?!"

I could tell he was taken back with what I said.

"What...you aren't  happy to see me?" He asked innocently.

I gave a laugh, "Why would I be happy to see you?" I glared at him, "You ruined my life, I should've never met you."

"Ouch, that hurts..." Yeonjun pretended bandage himself. "Why aren't you happy to see me though?"

I rolled my eyes, "There's no reason for me to be happy to see you."

He bit his lips. "Why not?"

I scoffed.

"Weren't we friends?" He asked "innocently" again.

"No we weren't." I muttered. "Just do me a favor, and leave my life. I'll be happy then."

I walked away to my first class leaving him dumbfounded.

My morning was already ruined by that stupid brat. I plopped down in my chair and the teacher snickered.

Looks like she also remembers what happened.

Seriously does this thing with pantsing thing never go away?

I bit my lips.

"Class, as you may know, we have a transfer student." The teacher announced. "Please be nice to him."

The boys snickered. "Is it a girl?"

"Quiet." The teacher snapped.

There he is. The stupid walked in the perfect classroom only streaking it with dirt. His name rolling off my mouth made me want to throw up.

"Hi, my name is Choi Yeonjun, please take care of me~"he sent a wink to the girls and they collapsed due to lovesickness.

Or something.

"Alright Yeonjun, sit next to Hyera."

Assa! I'm not seated with him. I couldn't have been happier. Suddenly, I felt a sharp push from my head.

The small paper airplane fell near my feet.

I glared back at Yeonjun who was smiling smugly at me.

Oh dear, the pranking war starts again.