Chapter 38

Doeun's POV

I felt my hand pry onto Yeonjun's arm and pull him back forcefully.

"Y-yeonjun, listen to me," I desperately said, "It was a misunderstanding, please...let me explain..."

Yeonjun narrowed his eyes at me and flicked my grip off.

"Misunderstanding?" He scoffed, "Didn't I say to get out of my sight?"

I felt every word he said stab me in the chest and attempted me to fall over.

"Yeonjun please," I clung on him.

Chaeryoung pushed my arm away and scoffed.

"Tch! You're acting different now, when was it that you were all over Hansung huh?"

I tried ignoring her and tried to talk to Yeonjun again.

"Yeonjun-

"Don't touch him!" Chaeryoung slapped my hand away from Yeonjun, leaving a red mark from the slap on my hand.

"He and I are dating now, so don't you dare bother us."

I felt my breathing getting faster.

No...he couldn't be dating her...not her...

"S-stop lying!" I said feeling tears prick my eyelids and I attempted to fight back. "I'm not going to believe a word you say,"

Chaeryoung pushed me back to the locker slamming my back in pain. I groaned and crouched down to the ground.

"You have Hansung so don't you dare try to get in my way." She said confidently. "Ask Yeonjun if I'm right."

Yeonjun looked at me with his lifeless eyes and stiffly nodded. I saw my life crashing down, how could he date someone like her?

When she bullied me the second she came back...

It showed that Yeonjun gave up on me now, I want to quit and stop going after him but,

I just can't...

Yeonjun's POV

Chaeryoung tried intertwining her fingers to mine, and I lifelessly did.

The moment I saw Hansung and her making out, I went mad. I felt my heart split in pieces and I remember blinking my tears back.

I'm only with Chaeryoung because she's the only one here for me...that's only for now. I still would go back to Doeun because she's...

The one for me.

I needed a little time so I didn't want to see her. She needed to know what happens when she tries to cheat on someone.

Especially me, I was even surprised that I approached her first after Chaeryoung did that to me. But she seemed so different, it was like Doeun didn't try to get with me,

Chaeryoung flung herself after other people but she's with me so I am okay, for now that is.

"오빠, are you still mad?" I heard her squeak next to me.

I shrugged with a emotionless face.

"I'll cheer you up."

Chaeryoung tried to huddle next to me and bury her face to my chest, but I didn't feel anything.

Snap out of it Choi Yeonjun, did you forget that Doeun cheated on you? Did you forget how you warned her about Hansung and she didn't listen to you?

It just shows the lack of care she had for you.

But why the hell...do I still think about her when another girl is next to me?

I rubbed my temples as Chaeryoung suddenly changed her position and hugged me from behind. Her cheap smelling expensive perfume embraced me tightly. I sighed,

I didn't feel any emotion anymore, I felt numb.

Doeun's POV

I laid half dead while doing homework. I fiddled with my fingers and glanced at my phone many times.

I wanted to text Yeonjun, but he'll just ignore me...

Whatever, let's not think about that right now... Just then, my phone started ringing,

I checked the caller ID to see,

Suzy Choi

I picked up and tried to sound as cheerful as usual.

"Hi Suzy!" I exclaimed a little too loud.

"Woah, you sound real happy," She chuckled on the other end. "It's okay, just be yourself around me."

I cleared my throat.

"Thanks Suzy-yah...." I said more depressingly.

She sighed.

"I just called to see how you're doing." She said, "If you're not busy, then we should go Christmas shopping tomorrow."

I nodded as I checked the calendar, "Right, Christmas is in 4 days."

"Make sure to buy gifts for all the members," She said, "And including Yeonjun."

I coughed at the name.

"Okay."

"Okay, I'm going to hang up now, Soobin is whining about how I ate all the bread,"

I chuckled, "Umh, good night Suzy."

BEEP

I began to write down a list of things to buy,

For Soobin: Bread, Mint Chocolate Lotion,

For Beomgyu: Guitar strings, BTS merchandise

For Huening Kai: Mint Chocolate lotion, Penguin plushie,

For Taehyun: Caramel Men's Cologne, Nature scented Yankee Candle,

For Yeonjun: Skateboard, fitness clothing

I looked at my own handwriting at Yeonjun's name. I looked away and turned off the lamp for tonight, whenever I thought of him, I just felt like grabbing him and telling him everything that he misunderstood.

I hitched a breath and shut my eyes tightly creating a barrier to stop the tears from coming out.

| The next day |

I tried to look as happy as possible when I went to school. Suzy and TXT were chuckling at my attempt to seem happy.

We were having a state required test so I had all of my books in my arms and I ran towards TXT. On the way there,

I felt a harsh push from my back, and I fell to my knees. The burn from the hallway floor scraped my knees and I cringed in pain. My books flew everywhere and I was on my knees like I did some crime.

"Doeun!" I heard a yell coming from where TXT was. Suzy and Soobin instantly helped me get up and I looked at my knees. Small drops of red blood formed around the cut and TXT sighed.

The girl in front of me, Chaeryoung to be exact smirked.

"Next time, watch where you're going."