Chapter 30

Doeun's POV

"Girl," Suzy gushed, "You have to tell me about your date with Yeonjun."

She squealed in front of my locker like a child.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Instead, why not tell me about what's going on between you and Huening Kai?"

I saw her cheeks blush and bite her lips. I gasped.

"You like him!"

She hit my arm, "Don't tell him okay?!"

I gave her an 'ok', and rubbed my arm in pain. Suddenly, we both heard the clicking of heels behind us. We both turned around to see Chaeryoung smiling smugly at both of us.

"So, how was your date with my boyfriend Kang Doeun?" She smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Why, you can't take it that we're dating now, huh?"

Chaeryoung rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Ha, you thought? Once I tell Choi Yeonjun that you didn't stop me from cheating on him, he'll never forgive you."

I felt a chill run down my spine.

"You're the one who cheated on him," I said, "And besides,, it's not like I told you to break up with him."

She cackled like a witch, and Suzy sighed pulling my arm.

"Doeun, let's go." Suzy said glaring at the junior super witch. "We don't have time for her."

"And you," Chaeryoung turned to Suzy who was next to me.

"I heard you like Huening Kai?" Chaeryoung scoffed, "You know he's dating this girl,"

She shoved a picture of Huening Kai and another girl hugging each other on her phone screen.

I saw Suzy trying to blink back her tears,

"W-who says I like him?"

I pushed Chaeryoung out of the way and I pulled Suzy with me away from her to our classes.

During lunch, I sighed as I gripped the lunch tray. What if Chaeryoung says something weird to Yeonjun?

I felt my hands becoming sweaty and I exhaled a deep breath before I walked over to TXT's table.

"Hey," Yeonjun back hugged me and pulled me closer to his chest. "Where were you in the morning?"

I looked behind me and rested my head to his shoulder.

"O-oh..." I needed to lie to him, "I just came a bit late. I overslept because I had so much fun yesterday..."

I smiled weakly and Yeonjun ruffled my hair.

"Can you guys...do that somewhere else?" Soobin yawned.

Yeonjun and I chuckled. I noticed that Suzy looked so depressed and weak, I hoped it wasn't because of what Chaeryoung said this morning.

"Are you okay Suzy?" I asked her, "You haven't said anything since lunch started."

She smiled weakly at me, "I'm okay Doeun-ah, don't worry."

I bit my lips and sighed.

"If there's anything wrong, just tell me okay?" I heard Huening Kai tell her, but she just ignored him.

I sighed.

Yeonjun leaned in and whispered to me, "Is something wrong with Suzy?"

I sighed, but nodded slightly.

"Really what is it?" He whispered back.

"I'll tell you later." I whispered.

After lunch, the rest of TXT's table was silent except for Soobin and Taehyun and also Beomgyu trying to crack jokes. I went to class when Yeonjun dropped me off.

"Won't you be late to your next class?" I asked him.

"Nope," He ruffled my hair, "I'll be fine."

I sighed when Chaeryoung stepped into the classroom. Yeonjun looked sternly at her, and then back at me.

"Is she in your class?"

I nodded, "She was always."

Yeonjun rubbed his temples and sighed. "Are you going to be okay?"

I nodded, "I'll be fine Yeonjun-ah, don't worry." I knew that Chaeryoung would target me even more now. Even if this was the only class I had with her, but it didn't change that she would harass me every class period.

RINGGGGGGGGGGG

I motioned Yeonjun to go back to his class, and he gave me a peck on the forehead, before smiling and leaving. I felt my heart flutter again, but my happiness crashed when I realized Chaeryoung was glaring at me.

I felt my hands getting sweaty and my legs shivering. After class, I was about to leave, but since it was the last class of the day, I took time to put my supplies in my bag neatly.

"야 Kang Doeun," A sharp voice pierced through the air.

I turned around, but I was met with a tight slap across my face. I fell to the ground due to the amount of force.

Chaeryoung had her stilettos on top of me, and she was stepping on my ankles with her heels. I bit my lip and sighed to keep myself from screaming to the pain.

"Yah, didn't I tell you to stay away from Yeonjun?" She looked down, and she really looked like a ghost.

I let out heavy breaths and scrunched my temples.

"Does it feel good to be all lovey with him in front of me?!" Chaeryoung screamed in my face.

My breathing became faster and I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

"Whether I am dating Yeonjun or not..." I muttered under my breath, "Doesn't matter to you."

I heard her slowly starting to laugh.

"'Doesn't matter to me' huh?" She mocked, "What do you think will happen if I tell Yeonjun that you encouraged me to break up with him?"

I tightly shut my eyes, "I never did. You're the one who cheated on him."

She got off my legs and dragged me up to her eye level,

"Break up with him." She spoke glaring into my eyes, "Now."

She shook my back and forth by the collar and started to choke me,

"N-no..." I refused.

I felt another slap about to come from Chaeryoung, but then a hand pulled her wrist back. I gasped, and saw Yeonjun behind her looking furious.

His eyes looked like it could set fire to the entire room and I saw his knuckles turning white squeezing Chaeryoung's wrist tightly.

"A-ah...오빠..." Her eyes were as wide as an owl's.

"What do you think you're doing?" He growled at her while breathing heavily. He glanced at my ankles as I leaned to a nearby desk for support.

"I-i..." Chaeryoung the one who was able to talk so much in front of me was speechless.

Yeonjun pulled my wrist my pulled me to his side.

"Y-Yeonjun...stop it now..." I tried to stop him from making Chaeryoung mad.

"Stay out of this." Yeonjun glared at me. I pressed my lips together and looked down to my feet.

"Take another step to Doeun," He glared at Chaeryoung, "You'll be sorry. I'll make you regret it."

I felt a chill down my spine.

"But 오빠, I was just trying to-