Chapter 36

"Just because."

He gave the same answer again and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh right. Did I tell you I'm modeling for an earring company?" Hansung asked.

I shook my head, "I don't think you did."

"They gave me some sample earrings and I thought there were perfect for you." Hansung handed me the earrings.

I looked at them and they didn't look like samples. Shining crystals were dangling from it and a huge diamond was the center.

He smiled and motioned me to come in closer so he could put the earring on. I thought it was harmless until, he grabbed my ear.

"Huh? You don't have any piercings, how am I supposed to put the earring on you..." I heard his voice fall and I just chuckled.

"I have a fear of needles." I pushed his hand away from my ear and he leaned back to his seat.

"Is there anywhere you want to go Doeun-ah?" Hansung asked me. "Maybe the beach? An amusement park? The movies?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "It's the middle of winter Hansung. How are we going to go to the beach?"

"Pfts," he laughed, "Then let's go to the movies. There's a new horror movie coming out."

I shrugged, "I'll go if you're paying."

Hansung nudged my arm and laughed.

"Fine, Miss Stingy."

"야!"

Hansung took me to the movies and I particularly noticed that he was nicer to me? I felt burdened.

I was busy eating the popcorn when I felt a warm hand go into the popcorn bag and hold my hand.

"Oops, sorry." He smiled in the darkness. "I was trying to grab some."

I handed the bag to him and tried to sip the cola. He suddenly drank the soda too and his face was centimeters away from mine.

I bit my lip and sighed.

Was he hitting on me?

I became cold and held my shoulders.

"Are you cold?" He asked me.

I nodded slightly and he slipped his hand in mine, which I darted away to.

"I'm not cold anymore." I mumbled and I heard him chuckle.

"Why are you being so shy Doeun?"

I sighed.

"J-Just...because you're being touchy all the sudden!" I whisper yelled. I tried to focus on the movie but Hansung was stuck in my mind.

Why was he acting so differently?

After the movie, I thanked Hansung and tried to leave as fast as possible.

"Bye Hansung. Thanks for the movie." I bowed and walked away,

But he caught up to me and grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, I'll walk you home."

I was hesitant but he insisted, and I gave in because I didn't want to walk alone in an alley.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I'm just a little tired from school."

He stopped me in front of a dessert shop and motion me to go in.