Chapter 2

Doeun's POV

I successfully ignored most of Yeonjun's provoking behavior, but I was still pissed. Why did he always have to target me?

During lunch, I noticed that another familiar guy was in the canteen. I gasped when I realized that his name tag said Choi Beomgyu.

YIKES.

Okay, let's just eat out today before he even notices I attend this school.

I quickened my pace and went to the lunch line, burying my head into my phone so no one could directly see my face.

"Wah, dude, you know who I saw?" A voice said nearby. I couldn't help but listen.

"Who?"

"Kang Doeun, I didn't know she went here."

"Shut up, you knew that she went here. We both got kicked out of school, and that's why we transferred."

"Oh, you're right." The voice laughed.

Well okay, I guess that it's okay that they're not talking about my feud with Yeonjun.

"I bet she's still mad at you for pantsing her."

"I think? She was pretty rude to me this morning."

By then I knew exactly who was talking. Yeonjun and Beomgyu. The 2 trusty angels, More like the devils.

I cursed under my breath, and stiffly turned around only to see them chattering away.

"Excuse me, do you happen to be Kang-" Beomgyu tapped my shoulder. I noticed that he looked a lot more different too, Yeonjun and Beomgyu both changed a lot during 3 years.

I looked at him straight in the eye,

"Never mind. I think I saw the wrong person." Beomgyu lowered his head and put his eyes back to his phone.

When I left the canteen to avoid them, I overheard Yeonjun tell Beomgyu, "That was Doeun. Did you not recognize her?"

I bit my lips. I was really hungry but I didn't want to see Beomgyu or Yeonjun. And I'm not transferring schools again.

I mean, why should I leave when I was here first?

I went back to my locker to switch out my binders for the afternoon classes, when I shut it closed, a gawking figure was looking over me.

"You!" I said to Yeonjun. "What do you want from me?!"

He gave me a perplexed look.

"Why are you always yelling?" He pretended to block his ears.

I hit his arm. "Why are you always following me?"

Yeonjun rubbed his arm in pain, "Aish..."

I walked away from my locker and I heard him yell at me.

"YAH KANG DOEUN!"

I quickened my pace and sprinted into a classroom before he could catch me. Good thinking Doeun.

"Student, get out, is teachers are having a meeting, can't you see?"

"Oh...sorry...." I hung my head and poked my head outside of the classroom, you know, in case Yeonjun might tackle me or something.

The coast was clear.

I slowly closed the teacher's meeting room door, only to be greeted by a shove against the wall.

At this point I'm not even surprised.

"Yah, micheoseo?"

He cocked his head towards the side, and smiled. Aish, I wanted to slap that smile off his face.

"Leave, I need to go to class." I muttered.

He let go of my shoulders and before I left, I kicked him hard in the shin.

"Ah! Y-yah!" Yeonjun limped and cursed under his breath.

When I arrived in class, I saw a bunch of girl fanning over one corner. Ugh what's going on? When one girl moved out of the way, I saw the devil's friend.

Choi Beomgyu.

Devil #2, let's go.

I sat down at my seat calmly, and the teacher finally came in the room.

"Okay, settle down class." Ms. Kim said. "Girls go back to your seat." She motioned to the girls that were fanning over Beomgyu's desk.

The girls glared at the teacher before sulking their way on over to their desk.

"We have a beginning of the year test, take out your pencils."

The entire class groaned, including me. I sighed. It's my senior year but I forget things very easily. When the teacher handed my test to me, I gulped.

When I read the first question, I realized I only knew my name, the date, and the period for that test.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | |

"Class dismissed. Doeun, see me after class." The teacher said.

I rolled my eyes as a few students giggled when they heard the teacher call me. I slowly made my way up to the teacher's desk.

The teacher slapped my test paper on the desk.

"I get it that your brain isn't ready to work on the first day of school," She said. "But doodling in the scantron is unacceptable."

I bit my lips.

"I'm sorry."

"2 hours of detention after school." I jumped.

"Nae..." I hung my head low and I sulked out to the hallway. 2 hours of detention! On my senior year?!

This will look horrible on my college resume.

The rest of the school day went by without me encountering the two ahjussis. Thank god. I realized I had to be somewhere instead of walking home.

Detention.

I swung my bag over my shoulder and I walked over to the detention room.

💜💜💜💜