Chapter 4

Doeun's POV

Next thing you know...

"YAHHHHHH!!" I yelled as they circled around the classroom. They were all too busy laughing, and I was annoyed, but I was glad that I didn't have any marker on my face.

"Yah, Choi Yeonjun." I glared at him, "This was your idea, wasn't it?"

He had that same smug smile on face,

"Maybe."

I threw a water bottle at him.

"Aish that hurts!" He whined.

"Is it always fun targeting me?" I glared at him.

Just then, the teacher came in, and froze.

"Detentions over. Put back the desks where you found them." The teacher unlocked the door and let us all out.

Finally, out of that smelly room. I was ready to go home, but it was really dark outside.

I sighed and looked for any bus routes.

"What are you doing out here alone?"

I turned around, to see a familiar figure. When he came out to the light, I finally realized who it was.

"Do you want to eat something before you go home?" He asked.

I wrinkled my nose, "Why are you asking me,"

He smiled at me, and let out a fogged breath.

Suddenly, I felt water on my forehead. I realized it had started raining. He started whining about something I didn't hear.

"What's wrong," I turned towards him,

"My hair is going to get messed up." He whined, "You know how long it took for this hairstyle?"

He pouted his lips.

For some reason I felt my mouth curve upward one how different  he looked.

"Here," I took out an umbrella from my backpack.

Yeonjun's eyes went wide, "Is this for me to use?"

I nodded, "You said you didn't like getting your hair wet."

He brushed the wet hair out of his eyes.

"Really? Thank you." He smiled, and suddenly pulled me closer. "Let's use it together."

I bit my lips.

After that, Yeonjun walked me home and I let him keep my umbrella. The night went by and I arrived I school again.

| The next day at school |

"Alright class, we have a project due tomorrow. It's about the history of China, and how it significant to our modern history or Korea." The teacher said, "I'll let you choose your partners, so make sure you choose a good person you can cooperate with."

I didn't even have any friends in my class. Nor did any of the fangirls like me because I hung out with TXT.

"You're my partner." Yeonjun said coolly.

"What?" I exclaimed, "N-no, I have a partner."

"Really? Who is it?" He asked cocking his brow.

I quickly looked around the room, and I spotted a quiet looking girl to the left of the classroom,

"Oh hey, do you want to be part-

"Ms. Lee, Doeun and I will be partners for this project." Yeonjun interfered and sat down in the seat next to me.

"Isn't Hyera your partner," I muttered, "Why don't you be partners with her?"

"Oppa! Be partners with me!"

"Oppa I'm free here!!"

"Right here oppa~"

Yeonjun glanced at all the fangirls following him around. He bit his lip and rolled his eyes.

"So annoying." I heard him mutter under his breath.

"Okay, I'll give you a topic for you to make a project on." The teacher said, to both of us. When the fangirls heard that, they all went to their desks, glaring at me along the way.

I realized Yeonjun fell asleep and wasn't listening to the teacher.

RINGGGGGG

"Yah, wake up." I pushed a finger near his head.

"ZZZzzzzzz..."

A sudden light bulb came from my head. I had a mischievous smile as I took out a black permanent marker.

But first, I had to make sure that he was fully asleep.

"Yeonjun..." I brushed the hair out, to reveal his pale face.

I carefully wrote on his soft skin,

"Do-eun was here, don't mess with me Choi Yeonjun, 😊"

I chuckled to myself as I left the room. Afterschool, I was walking home until,

"Yah Kang Do-eun!" a voice yelled. I froze, and turned around. Yeonjun was sprinting at me, and I didn't know why, but I started running too.

"Stop running!" He yelled behind me.

My breath was getting short and I was getting more and more tired.

"I said stop!"

I turned around to see him lunging at me.

"Ah!"  I fell backwards and he fell on top of me.

I made eye contact and I froze. He helped me up,

"Yah!' How could you write over my forehead?!" Yeonjun yelled at me, "You think you're so funny don't you?" 

"This is payback for the time that you and your friends tried to write all over my face. And that was while I was sleeping." I snapped.