005

• • •

• • •

"We made our mistakes
It's not too late
We had to learn the hard way
Bridges will burn
Now it's our turn"

Sleeping with Sirens,
Gold

• • •

I T was a late Wednesday morning the next time that Bucky Barnes went to the coffee shop. Although this time it wasn't only just because of his jog; he had work to do and needed to get out of the facility.

When Bucky walked into the shop he immediately smelt the freshly brewed coffee and something sweet in the air. It made his stomach grumble and he realized how hungry he was.

Addie was the first to spot him from behind the counter, but she was in the middle of preparing a customer's drink. She then turned to Charlie, who was marking the stock on paper cups and paper straws.

"Hey, that guy is back," Addie whispered. "I forgot to tell you he came in on Saturday. Looked like he was looking for you."

Charlie rolled her eyes and finished marking the page. "Mhm, I'm sure."

"Step up from Noah."

The eldest Grant sibling rolled her eyes again and closed the binder. "You're insane. I need to put this in the system, you'll be okay if I do that quickly?"

Just as Charlie said that the door opened and a few teenagers walked in; undoubtedly skipping high school. Charlie sighed and set the binder down. "I hate the general public."

"Girl, me too." Addie laughed. She then put the lid on the cup and finished ringing out the customer.

Charlie walked to the other register on the other end of the counter and called out to the next person in line; it was Bucky.

"Hi, Bucky," Charlie smiled at him. "Haven't seen you in a while."

The last time they saw each other was nearly a week ago. "Been busy," Bucky responded quietly.

"You're usual then? Or are you feeling risky today?"

"The usual is fine, thank you." A smile ghosted across his face and when Charlie returned it, he smiled wider.

"Well, you've got some good timing because these just came out like ten minutes ago," Charlie said.

"That's good." He realized he wasn't being the most conversationalist. "So uh, how are you?"

Charlie laughed at that and turned to the coffee pot. "I'm good. Can't complain. I mean I could, but..." Her words trailed off and she finished pouring the man his coffee. "How have you been? Saving anyone else lately?"