047

• • •

• • •

"It's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger but then I'll admit, I'm just as the same as I was. Now don't you understand, I'm never changing who I am"

Imagine Dragons
It's Time

• • •

T H E  sun was blocked from the sky, but light gray clouds that released little flurries of snow every now and then. It was only slightly wind in the early afternoon, but the air was clear and cold.

It was quiet too, much like it always it when the world is transformed into a winter wonderland. The only noise that interrupted the peacefulness of it all was the laughter that came from Oliver Grant as he ran around the front yard in a puffy snowsuit.

Charlie sat at the porch steps, huddled underneath a jacket and beanie, with a red nose that matched her cheeks. She watched with a smile at her brother and friend playing in the snow. And despite the fact that she wished her ankle healed quicker so she could run around too, she was thankful for being able to enjoy the sight in front of her.

Snowballs were being tossed around in a war, and both Bucky and Oliver were dodging them left to right.

"You'll never win!" Oliver yelled as he threw another handful of the soft snow that had fallen in the early morning.

Bucky laughed loudly as happiness spread over him. He didn't think for a second of the past he had, or the future he always wished he had. The present was the most fun he'd had in a while, and for once, he was truly happy and Bucky Barnes was back.

Charlie, of course, noticed this. She loved watching him run around like a kid and laugh and have fun. It brought a warmth to her heart and she wished it would last forever.

But soon a familiar black car pulled down the street and parked in their driveway. Sam Wilson stepped out of the car and immediately smiled at his friend acting so normal again. He hadn't seen Bucky in a week, since he had pretty much moved into the Grant household to keep Charlie safe.

Sam missed his friend.

Wanda was the next and last to step out of the car. She had been roped into attending another Grant holiday. And despite the fact that she had nothing else to do, she still would rather be in her bed mourning over the life she once had.

"Sam!" Oliver yelled when he saw the new intruder. He threw the last snowball towards Bucky before he took off, running to give the Falcon a hug.