020

• • •

• • •

"Are you lonesome tonight
Do you miss me tonight?"

Elvis Presley,
Are You Lonesome Tonight?

• • •

"O K A Y, Olly, we'll wait out here. Just hurry up."

Charlie moved to sit down on the cushioned bench, where Addie was scrolling through her phone. Her laughed to herself quietly, before showing a picture to her friend.

The older Grant sibling immediately rolled her eyes. "You know I don't like those."

"You need to learn to laugh, Charlie. You'll never get over anything if you can't joke about it." Addie leaned against the wall and brought her legs up underneath her.

Charlie didn't respond, she only leaned against the wall herself and looked up at the LED light that was above them.

The mall was full for a Saturday evening, mostly with teenagers looking for something to do in the small town that didn't involve narcotics. Still, it made it nearly impossible to get through the mall in the time that they wanted too.

"Do you want to eat dinner here?" Addie asked.

"Yeah, we can. I'm sure Oliver is going to want a hot dog or something."

"So how was pizza night yesterday? I saw Bucky Barnes leaving your place late last night." A deep blush settled over Charlie's face and Addie immediately perked up. "Shut up! What happened? Oh my God, shut up!"

A hushed laugh came from Charlie. "Nothing happened, jeez."

"No, no. Charlie Grant does not blush, like ever. What the hell happened?"

"He came over to bring me snacks since somebody told him I was sick." She gave Addie a pointed look. "And then we ended up hanging out. And I fell asleep and he went to get Oliver off the bus and he ended up staying for dinner and stop giving me that look because nothing happened."

Addie couldn't believe the words that were coming from her best friends mouth. "Wow... it's been since September. I was sure you would have gotten together by now. How could I have been so wrong about that?" She shook her head in disbelief.

"Please," Charlie rolled her eyes, "As if." Though on the inside, she realized she wanted it.

Then Oliver came out of the dressing room with a new jacket zipped up around his small body. "What do you think? Does it match my eyes?"