054

• • •

• • •

"Jumpin' right off the edge
Freedom, it's freedom
Wouldn't do it for less
Then freedom, freedom"

Illenium,
Gorgeous

• • •

B U C K Y  felt silly when he knocked on the front door of the house that he had so often walked in through without a second thought. He almost felt out of place, a feeling he hadn't felt in months. He was nervous too, even though he had seen Charlie only an hour or so ago, after they dropped Oliver off at his friends.

In his metal hand were a small bouquet of red roses, and the other was wiping the sweat from his palm on the back of his pants. He blinked slowly and looked at the door as it opened, and a smile formed on his face when he saw Charlie.

"Did you know that they are doing a marathon of Full House tomorrow?" Charlie said when she stepped out of the house. "We are going to stay in our pajamas all day and you are going to watch it with me."

Bucky didn't say anything, his eyes and mind were too busy as he looked up and down her body. She had changed as well, and was wearing black jeans and a black tank top. Her shoes were open toed, with straps that confused the hell out of him.

He liked the color black on her.

"Are those for me?" Charlie asked, looking at the roses. She was surprised.

"Uh, yeah. I got them for you. Since we've never been on a date before and I thought you would like them." He stammered.

Charlie couldn't help but smile and she took the flowers, and then leaned to kiss his cheek. "Thank you. I'll put these inside just give me a second."

Then she was gone, disappearing into the house that was their home. She returned a minute later.

"I thought I could drive. Since you haven't been on the motorcycle yet."

Charlie cringed and her steps faltered for half a second. "You mean I have to actually get on that death machine?"

"Come on. You'll love it." Bucky said, grabbing her waist.

"Just as much as I love the guns you keep hidden in the back of my closet." Charlie raised an eyebrow. "But my car is so much safer."

"Oh, wait." Bucky paused. "I thought that you weren't a loser."

Charlie gasped in a fake state of shock. "Peer pressure. Really, James? And I thought you were better than that."