007

• • •

• • •

"When you look at my life
Tell me what do you see?
I'm only human
So don't expect too much from me"

Sleeping with Sirens,
Leave it all Behind

• • •

I T was early in the evening when Bucky walked into the kitchen. His stomach was empty after the intense workout he did during the afternoon, and he was famished.

At the table in the center of the room, Wanda Maximoff sat drinking a cup of tea. Her scarlet hair was braided back and tired eyes stared down at the half-empty cup.

"Hey," Bucky said in acknowledgment. He opened the refrigerator door and looked at its contents.

"Bruce ordered pizza for everyone," Wanda told him.

"Oh, fun." He closed the door and turned around to look at her. He felt sad for her; she had lost so much, just like him. He remembered the fight on the Wakandan field and how she had to kill the man she loved dearly. "Are you okay?" It was a stupid question, of course, she wasn't. Nobody was. Not since Thanos.

"Just tired." Wanda didn't feel like talking about herself. "Who was that woman that brought you home earlier?"

Grabbing a glass of water, Bucky went to sit across from her. "A friend, kind of."

"And here I thought Bucky Barnes didn't have friends."

"Not in a while, no." He agreed with her.

"Well, I'm happy for you." She told him quietly.

They both heard the sound of footsteps approaching, and soon Bruce Banner walked out in his Hulk glory. "Hey guys, I got pizza!" He said.

Peter Parker followed closely behind him, with an excited smile on his face. Despite his identity being revealed, he still tried his best to keep himself in a decent mood. Being at the Avenger's facility helped, even if he still felt the loss of Tony Stark every day.

There were three pies that were soon being shared between them all. They eat quietly, only Bruce and Peter sharing in conversation occasionally.

Wanda excused herself after a few minutes.

"Have you guys seen Sam?" Bucky asked the two of them.

"He's with Fury in D.C." Bruce folded two slices of pizza and ate them together. "I'm not sure. I think Rhodey is with him."

Bucky nodded but didn't say anything. Instead, he looked down at the plate with a half-eaten slice. Suddenly he wasn't hungry anymore. "I think I'm going to call it an early night."