076

• • •

• • •

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you"

Bruno Mars,
Count on Me

• • •

O L I V E R was more than excited to be back with his sister again. After the two siblings picked themselves up off the ground, his hand didn't let go of hers and he led her over to the older man who was watching them with a smile.

"This is our grandpa, I still can't believe it. He runs this school and he helped me make cookies with Ororo. She's really nice, and very pretty." Oliver told his sister all within a rush.

Charlie looked at her grandfather with wide eyes, remembering the last time that she saw him. She must have been five, maybe younger, and she hardly remembered the eyes she looked into. Though they reminded her of her mother.

"Charlie, I am so sorry for what has happened." Charles told his granddaughter. "I'm really happy that you're here."

"Uh, thanks." Charlie said, suddenly feeling very overwhelmed.

"Why don't we get you back to your room," Bucky stepped towards Charlie and wrapped his arm around her waist to keep her steady. "This way you can eat."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." Charlie said.

"We have all the time to discuss what has happened, for now you should rest." Charles said. "There are a lot of people that want to meet you once you're better."

"It's true," Oliver said and looked up at his sister. "There's so many of us here. And even though they're not mom and dad they are still are family."

Charlie looked down at her brother and set her hand on his shoulder, realizing how much older he looked despite the fact that it had only been a week and a half since she last saw him.

"There's someone else that's been dying to see you." Sam said and stepped into the conversation.

"As soon as she's better," Bucky said. "She still has a lot of healing to do."

"I am right here, don't talk about me like I'm not." Charlie said, "Who?"

Sam only smiled, "Wanda's future wife." He joked.

• • •

Three days later, Addison Turner walked through the door of the room Charlie had been staying in. Her dark eyes settled on the woman sitting in the bed and filled with tears.

"Well, well, well. Hello sexy."

A laugh fell from Charlie's lips and she stood from the bed. "Oh my God, I missed you." Her arms wrapped around the slim shoulders of her best friend and she hugged her tight.

"I missed you too." Addie laughed and took a step back. Her hands were resting on Charlie's waist as she took in the sight of her best friend. "Holy shit girl why you so pale?"

"It's a long story." Charlie smiled and gave her another hug.

"And I am going to hear every word." Addie said, pushing Charlie backwards so they were sitting on the bed. "What the hell happened? And why are you at this school?"

"It's my grandfathers school. For mutants."

"I thought those were like... scary stories you tell your kids at night? You're a mutant?"

"In the flesh and blood."

"That explains the hair and your skin. And why you're so cold. What, so do you like have a super power now?"

Charlie snorted, "No. I can apparently make ice? This morning I woke up in a iced over bed. I don't know what's going on."

Then Addie burst out laughing. "Wait, wait, wait. So what you're telling me is that you're Elsa?"

Charlie's eyes widened slightly and she stared at Addie with an open mouth. "Shut up. Don't ever say that again. Oh my God, why would you say that? Now I'm not going to be able to let that go."

"Or the Ice Princess from Shark Boy and Lava Girl!" Addie howled with laughter. "Oh wait, wait! This is golden. Frozone from The Incredibles. Holy shit." Addie laughed even harder as she clutched her stomach.

Charlie covered her face as she tried not to laugh. "Stop making fun of me."

"I can't! Oh my God." Addie fell back onto the bed and continued to laugh loudly.

Soon Charlie couldn't fight her laughter anymore and she laid down next to her friend as they laughed; and it was the first time Charlie felt that carefree in weeks.

"I can't, I literally can't." Addie said as she wiped a tear from her eye.

Charlie shook her head and looked at her friend. "I missed you."

"Me too, I'm glad you're not dead. I've had to work so many shifts to cover your ass."

The eldest Grant laughed again. "Wow, I did not even think about the coffee shop."

"You were kidnapped! Why would you? If you were that would be pretty sad." Addie said and reached down to take Charlie's hand. "Damn, you're so cold."

"Yeah, apparently it comes with the hair. I'm gonna dye it."

"What? Are you crazy? Do not do that." Addie said loudly. "If you dye your hair I will kill you. It's too pretty right now."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I guess. But I don't want it. I don't want any of it, this shit. I mean look," Charlie raised her hand and showed off the faded blue veins that decorated her skin. "It's like a bad tattoo"

"But it's you, Char. Whether you like it or not. You're still the same annoying Charlie Frances Grant that smoked pot with me three years ago and we slept in the field behind Richard's Park."

Charlie sighed and shook her head. "I'm not the same Charlie."

"You're still stubborn as shit, that I can see." Addie turned so she was facing her friend. "So you're gonna live here with your grandpa?"

"I don't know. Probably not. I just want to go home."

"You will. Now, I need to tell you about all the shit that has happened since you've been gone. You have missed a lot of grade A drama that has happened on our good ol' friend Instagram." Addie pulled out her phone and opened the app.

"I was only gone for a week and a half what could I have possibly missed?"

"Oh hun, you've missed like seven new memes and a fight between you know who."

Charlie's eyes widened and she leaned her head against Addie's shoulder to look at the phone. "I didn't."

You guys I have the flu and I am dying