034

• • •

• • •

"Do you feel exposed?
Let your feelings show"

Sleeping with Sirens,
Heroine

• • •

H O U R S were spent by the Grants and Barnes in setting up Christmas decorations. Lights were strung up on the windows, stickers decorated messily by a nine year old.

The living room furniture was pushed back to set up the tree, which took the longest amount of time. Oliver spread glass bulbs around in random order, in a chaotic mess that perfectly exampled the last year of his life.

And when everything was finished, Charlie and Bucky wrapped lights and garland around the tree.

The sun had already began to set when Charlie started warming up leftovers from last light, because it was easy to make after their entire day of setting up for the coming holiday.

Oliver was sitting at the kitchen table with a piece of blank paper in front of him and a pencil in his left hand. He was writing his list for Santa.

"I hope Santa gets me a new baseball mitt for Christmas so I can use it when the next season starts." Oliver told Bucky, who was sitting next to him.

But it was Charlie that spoke. "I don't know, you haven't really been a good boy this year."

Oliver laughed then. "I didn't have much time to be one. I was dust, remember?" His tone was light, he was kidding. But it still caused Charlie to freeze for a moment.

The day had been overwhelming for her; with old memories of setting up the decorations with her parents returning to her. It had been so long since she looked at the Christmas tree.

The eldest Grant swallowed the lump in her throat and set the plates down on the table. Then, without a word, she walked out of the kitchen and down the hall.

Bucky stared after her for a moment.

"Why does she get so upset?" Oliver asked, already digging into the plate of food in front of him.

"Well, Olly, when you were dust she was all alone. It makes her sad when she thinks about it."

"I didn't mean to make her sad."

Bucky wasn't sure what to say, because comforting a nine year old kid still wasn't one of his biggest strengths. He grazed the back of Oliver's shoulder before rising from his seat. "I'll be right back. Eat your vegetables."

Then he left the kitchen and followed the path to Charlie's room. The door was only partially opened, and he knocked softly. Then after half a beat, he gently pushed the door open.

Charlie was sitting in her bed, looking through the box of her parents things that they brought down earlier. When she saw him come in she looked up and frowned.

"I'm okay."

"I just wanted to make sure."

"I am. I just needed a minute." Bucky nodded and went to leave the room, but his name falling from her lips stopped him. "You can stay."

The bed dipped down when he sat at the corner, feeling slightly out of place in her bedroom. He didn't typically spend much time in the room and he felt too big and too rough to be in the happy room.

Charlie liked him being in the room.

"I thought you might like these." She said then, breaking the silence. She handed him a few CDs. "They were some of my dads favorites."

"I can't take that. It was your father's." Bucky looked at the discs that were now in his hands.

Charlie closed the lid on the box and set it against the wall. Then she sat down across the bed from Bucky. "He would have liked you, you know. And besides, I want you to take them. I have multiple copies."

"Thank you." His voice was quiet and soft, his eyes still on the old music discs.

Charlie didn't reply as she looked at him. She saw the way he carefully held the discs in his hand, turning them over delicately as if they were to crumble in his hands.

"Hey James?"

"Yes, Charlene?"

She smiled. "Can I draw you sometime?"

"Draw me?"

"Yeah. Your side profile would be really fun to draw."

He wasn't sure what she meant but he nodded anyway, because he would do anything for her if she asked him too. He'd kill for her if she asked him too, and he'd die for her too.

Most importantly though, he'd live for her.

Ugh I am so sorry for this I will update later today since it's short but in the meantime....

DISNEY PLUS DROPS TOMORROW AND I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED I DONT HAVE CLASS OR WORK TOMORROW SO I WILL BE WATCHING IT ALL DAY (AS IN MARVEL MOVIES AHHHH GONNA WATCH ME SOME WINTER SOLIDER CAUSE ITS MY FAV MARVEL MOVIE)

AND THEN I AM GOING TO SEE LAST CHRISTMAS WITH MY FRIEND AND I AM EXCITED BECAUSE I ACTUALLY HAVE PLANS cause I never leave my dorm unless it's for school or work but now I get to and also Emilia Clarke is in it and I love her so much

Anyway love you all thank you so much for all the votes and comments I hope you guys get everything you ever want in life and I wish I could give you guys hugs and buy you ice cream and have A SLEEPOVER and do face masks and watch marvel movies all night and eat snacks FHAT WOULD BE SO FUN

ok bye before I keep talking and use this a personal diary