21

I sat against the cold wooden door of my apartment and took a quick drink from the vodka bottle. I didn't like to drink often but it currently seems like the only good option. If I get drunk I'll forget and I'll be alright for a while.

I was wrong.

The more I drink the more I think about JJ. He won't leave my head. I've drank so much that I don't even think I can stand up. I try to stand up but my head spins and I fall back onto the floor. If I was going to get to my bed I was going to have to shuffle over or crawl.

I finally reach my room and before getting to the bed I grabbed a bottle of water from the mini fridge under the desk and put it on my bedside table before hauling myself up onto the bed.

As soon as my body was on the bed I fell asleep. The alcohol had taken over my body and there was no way I was waking up in the morning without a deadly headache.

The sun shone through the window and directly into my face, waking me up and blinding me. The brightness and the hangover were not a good mix. As I rolled over and covered my head with the duvet I heard the door unlock. Normally, people would be worried if they heard the door open if they had nothing planned, I'm not really bothered as only Molly and Laney have a spare key.

I look at the time on my phone. 11:34, they are awake early for weekend, or any other day to be honest. As I close my eyes once again a foreign noise erupts from outside the door. Like somebody grunted in pain. But the voice wasn't one I'd heard in a long time. His.

I reached for my phone in panic and messaged the group chat. One of them had to be awake.

lauren: hes here.
lauren: help please.
jj: none of them are awake
jj: and who's there?
lauren: my ex. the one who used to abuse me.
lauren: I hate you at the minute but please help.
lauren: I'd forgot that his sentence was over

JJ was probably the second last person I wanted to see today. The last person being stood outside my bedroom door.

17/10/19