23

He reached over and grabbed my arm before dragging me up and out of the wardrobe. With an arm still tightly gripping my arm he began screaming at me and blaming everything on me.
"This is all your fucking fault. You deserved all the pain you were in. I've lost my fucking job, my house and any future job because you wanted to be a little bitch and let the world know." Every few words were followed by a slap across the face and his grasp tightening around my arm.

I flinch as his fist is raised and began to get closer to my face. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes noticing that he still hadn't punched me. As I see what is happening I let out a sigh of relief. JJ was stood behind him holding his fist and giving him the deadliest stare I've ever seen.

He was pulled away and pushed onto the floor as JJ straddles him and began punching him. There was no way anyone would be able to stop JJ unless they had double his strength.

The police soon ran into the room, two of them hauled JJ off of him and handcuffed him as JJ ran over to me and crouched down in front of me.
"Are you ok?" His hands held both sides of my face before looking over me.
"I'm fine. Thank you JJ. Can you give me a bit of space, I'm still trying to get over the breakup." Now I feel guilty. He just saved my life and now I'm telling him to give me space. "I'm sorry JJ, I'm just overwhelmed right now."
"It's fine I understand. You didn't let me say my side of the story yesterday. Once you've been checked over let me tell you what happened and it might be easier to forget about me." I never wanted to forget about him. I just needed time to  think about what happened and to put it all behind me.
"I don't want to forget about you. You've been my best friend since the day I met you. I broke up with you yesterday but you still came and saved me from him. No matter the how bad a situation is, I don't want to forget you." JJ smiles before walking out of the bedroom and into the living room.

19/10/19