24

The police had left the apartment after asking me about what happened and a few questions about his past.

"So what was your side of the whole situation? Yesterday I was confused so I couldn't process all of the information."
"Elz messaged me every time you had went round to her house. And everything that happened whilst you were there. She had said at some point that you'd told her we had broken up."
"That is far from what had happened. The first time I'd went to hers to film she threatened to reveal our relationship to the public and it was constant blackmail and she wouldn't stop the threats. I know I could have just told you and we could've made an announcement video or something but my mindset has always been that if I get myself into a situation that could develop badly then I solve it alone with no one's help. It was stupid of me I know. The only true thing that she had told you was the part where I told her we weren't together. I figured if I'd told her that then she would stop threatening us." I really should have let him get his side of the story out yesterday. "The truth is, I don't care if you don't forgive me. It's my own fault. I was a dick for keeping you out of the loop. I just want you to be happy Ren, whether I'm in your life or not. You mean so much to me that if you decided you never wanted to see me again I would do my best to make sure you didn't see me." Shit.

20/10/19