Chapter 35

I felt my heart twitch. Why is he here? I thought. Our eyes met, my eyelids were shaking. I glanced at everyone, I looked like a fool and a liar. A fool for believing that he was busy and a liar for telling them that he was busy.

I did my very best to paste a smile on my face and chuckle, "Surprise!" I giggled though deep inside I was crying. I wanted to break down, I wanted to run away but I don't want to look stupid. To prove them that they were right, that I don't know anything about him.

The hosts looked at me, confused. Taehyung's hand held my hand and gave it a squeeze. "We wanted to surprise all of you." I was very surprised that I was about to die.

The host chuckled awkwardly, "Okay, Elle-ssi, Taehyung-ssi, you may enter the ball."

I nodded and bowed my head, Taehyung did the same. He held me by the waist and the doors opened, it lead us into the function hall. When the doors closed, Taehyung hugged me to his chest. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and weeped.

Why are they together?

Why didn't he even contact me?

Why didn't he even tell me?

Why is my life messed up?

"Do you want to go home?" He cupped my cheeks, "Your make up will smear,"

"It's waterproof," I slightly shook my head, "I-I don't want to go home yet. I w-won't let them enjoy this night and r-ruin yours."

He tilted my face and wiped my tears with the pad of his thumbs, "Don't cry, no one's worthy of these tears." He whispered.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat, and looked around. Seems like everyone's having fun, huh?

I pulled him with me and plastered a smile on my face. I'm going to enjoy this night because I'm sure Tao has a good excuse.

He won't hurt me, right?

Right.

"Hey," I glanced at the person who called me and saw Mark.

"Hi," I smiled at him.

He gave V a slight nod and turned to me again, "Can you save me a dance for later?"

"Hmm, sure." I giggled.

"Great, then."

I looked at Taehyung and saw that he's a bit irritated, "Uh, Maki," I called Mark, "We'll go ahead, see you later." I said and pulled Taehyung to our table's direction.

"I am your date but he asked you first, how nice." He said as soon as we sat on the chairs.

I weirdly looked at him, "Are you mad?" I giggled.

He just rolled his eyes, "And why the hell are you calling him Maki?"

"That's what I've been calling him since we were young!" I pinched his cheek, "You're so cute, I wish you were my boyfriend." I blurted out and I was taken aback with what I said.

"I wish I am your boyfriend, too."

That made my heart jump.

What is wrong with me?

The smile from my face vanished and I looked away. Fudge. This is so awkward. He took my hand that was on top of the table and entwined my fingers with his. What are you doing, Kim Taehyung? He hid it under the table, my eyes remained at everyone who's inside the hall.

"I know this is wrong," He started. Geez. Why does his voice has to be so husky? "But I really like you, I don't know if this is what they call love but every time I look at you," He placed my hand that he was holding on his chest, right exactly where the heart is located, "This," I hardly closed my eyes. Fudge. Stop this prank. "This heart keeps on beating fast,"