Chapter 53

ERRORS AHEAD

CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOR? COMMENT EVERYTHING YOU FELT, OR ANYTHING YOU WANT TO TELL ME ALL THROUGHOUT THIS STORY ON CHAPTER 55. Not on this chapter, okay? ^^

--

"Because I'm Chinese, Ma'am."

I heard them gasp.

Even this guy beside me.

I know you'll ask me how did that happen when Mom and Dad are Filipinos. Dad is not my real father. My real dad died when Mom gave birth to Art due to car accident. Our real dad is a pure Chinese, that made me a half Chinese. Mom married again when I was 11 and Art was 9. She married Tyrone's dad, the one we call Dad right now. He legally adopted Art and I so we could use his surname.

"I am half Chinese, Ma'am." I added, "My real name is Ty Guan Yin," But when Dad adopted us, we used our English names. My Guan Yin means goddess of mercy, but Mom and Dad didn't want to name me Mercy so they changed it to Crushelle just like what my real Dad used to call me.

Mama Huang looked disappointed, "You can leave now," She said.

I quickly stood up and bowed, "Xie xie,"

Tao stood up too, "Ma, I'm gonna take her to her hotel,"

"No!" She strongly disagreed, then they started speaking in Mandarin again. Looks like Mama Huang wants him to do something but he won't follow her.

I looked at him, "Go follow your mom, I'm gonna stay here until you come back."

He stared at me and I just gave him a short nod for assurance that I'll be fine here. Then they talked in Mandarin again.

The hell.

Feel na feel ko ang pagiging OP dito ah. (I can feel being out of place here.)

After their conversation, Tao said that he'll come back after an hour. He told me that he just needs to follow his mom's order. When he left, Mama Huang stood up and left me alone here in their living room.

I was so relieved when she left. I almost forgot how to breathe when I saw her. It was like, no one can ever be against her because she controls everything.

I grabbed the plate and started eating the slice of cake again.

I stood up when I was done and searched for their kitchen. Again, I was amazed for the nth time. It was spacious, and it has everything. It must feel so good cooking in here.

I wore the gloves and started washing the dishes. Waaaah. I want to cook for them but I don't think his mom will like it. The maid wanted to help me but I motioned her not to, I can do this on my own.

I was busy drying the kitchenwares when someone came, I looked up and saw his mom. I smiled at her but she frowned at me.

"Let's stop playing around the bush," She said, "I don't like you for my son."

My whole world stopped.

When I thought everything's going smoothly, another obstacle comes out.

"But you're not the one who's supposed to decide, Ma'am." I cleaned my hands and dried them.

Her eyes are still focused on me. She has the same eyes as Tao.

I know that she's really a good mother to him.

And she only wants the best for her only son.

"He already has a fiancée, so leave him alone." Her voice screamed authority, "He fetched his fiancée in the airport and I'm sure they're on their way here already."