4. Headhunters

Dani's POV

This morning, Dipper had invited me over to see if I wanted to watch a show with him and Mabel called "Ducktective". It sounded weird and I've never heard of it before. Good thing I'm a sucker for discovering and learning new things. So here we are, with Dipper and Mabel sitting on the floor while I sat in the chair behind them. Dipper was eating a bowl of popcorn, Mabel was knitting a sweater, and I was wrapped in a cozy blanket while drinking a cup of tea. I noticed Mabel reach for Dipper's popcorn but he slapped her hand away. I took another sip of my tea and faced the TV.

"I'm afraid your services won't be required here, sir," the constable on the TV said. "My men have examined the evidence, and this is obviously an accident."

The duck, supposedly called Ducktective, then quacked and the subtitles read, "An accident, constable? Or is it...Murder?!"

"WHAT?!" the constable shrieked.

The screen then switched to a commercial. "Duck-tective will return after these messages," the narrator announced.

Mabel dropped her knitting needles along with her sweater and gasped. "That duck is a genius!" she awed.

Dipper shrugged dismissively. "Eh, it's easier to find clues when you're that close to the ground," he blantly stated.

Mabel placed here hands on her hips and squinted at her brother doubtfully. "Are you saying you could outwit Duck-tective?" she mocked.

"Mabel, I have very keen powers of observation," Dipper said all snarky. "For example, just by smelling your breath, I can tell that you have been eating..." he then sniffed the air, "an entire tube of toothpaste?!"

I looked at Mabel, bewildered. "Wait, Mabel, really? Why?" I asked her.

She turned away shamefully. "It was so sparkly..." she muttered. I playfully rolled my eyes at her and lightly chuckled. What a goof.

Suddenly, Soos came rushing into the room looking all excited. "Hey, dudes, you'll never guess what I found!" he exclaimed.

"Buried treasure!" Dipper and I chorused.

"Buried—" Mabel started but stopped and laughed, playfully pushing Dipper and I. "Hey, I was gonna say that!"

I laughed at bit more before tossing my blanket aside and standing up from the chair. "Alright, Soos, what is it that you discovered?" I asked him.

"Well, follow me and I'll show you!" Soos replied. The twins stood up as well and the three of us followed Soos until he lead us to an outline of a door that blended in with the wallpaper. "So, I was cleaning up, when I found this secret door, hidden behind the wallpaper. It's crazy bonkers creepy!" Soos pushed the door open and Dipper pulled out a flashlight to shine it around, revealing a room filled with several different wax figures.

We started walking around the room, taking in our surroundings. "Whoa! It's a secret wax museum!" I awed.

Mabel touched one of the figures. "They're so life-like," she stated.

Dipper shined his flashlight on a statue that looked oddly like Mr. Pines. "Except for that one," he said.

We stepped closer to it to get a better look, but all jumped back when the figure greeted, "Hello!" We all screamed in suprise and the figure just chuckled. "It's just me, your Grunkle Stan!" We all screamed even louder and bolted out of the room. "Wait! Why are you guys running! I'm real!" we heard it yell after us.

We made it back to the living room and we basically at a dead end. The four of us huddled together when we saw the figure walk into the room. "Why should we believe you?!" Dipper shouted.