11. Gravity Fallen

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Third POV

It was a rainy early morning in Gravity Falls as Dipper was seen scrounging the kitchen in search of an item, an apron wrapped around his waist, and several cooking utensils and items on the counter before him. He looked through, cabinets, and drawers, but to no use. "Where is it? Where is it...?" he muttered to himself.

The disturbance of Dipper's search had grabbed the attention of his uncle and sister as they walked into the kitchen, eyebrows raised in confusion and still in their pajamas. "Kid, what're you doing?" Mr. Pines asked, rubbing his eyes as Mabel yawned.

"And what's with all cooking supplies?" Mabel asked then gasped. "Are you finally taking my advice to make 'Mabel Surprise'?!"

Dipper groaned, frustrated as he slammed one of the cabinets. "No!" he exclaimed. "I'm just trying to find the vanilla extract!" He exaggerated his exclamation by throwing his hands in the air, but he put them back down he noticed the bottle of the extract on the counter beside him. "Oh, never mind, I guess I must've misplaced it, heh." He then grabbed the bottle and put two drops of it in a bowl, stirring the remains.

Mr. Pines gripped the bridge of his nose in defeat as he and Mabel walked further into the kitchen. "Okay, I'm gonna ask this one more time, what's going on? What's with the apron? And can I make fun of it?" he asked then laughed to himself.

Dipper sighed. "No, I'm just making food for me and Dani's picnic tea party," he explained.

"Tea party?!" Mabel exclaimed, startling Dipper. "I've asked you multiple times if you wanted to have a tea party together and you always turn me down! But now you're having one with Dani?!"

"Mabel, I don't wanna have to drink tea that has glitter and toy dinosaurs floating around it," Dipper informed.

"But they're the best part!" Mabel added. Dipper just rolled his eyes as Mabel huffed and crossed her arms.

"Tea party, eh?" Mr. Pines said. "Y'know if I were you, I'd just buy meatball subs and call it a day."

"Dani doesn't eat meat," Dipper stated.

"Ah, so she's one of those wackos..." Mr. Pines grumbled. "And I thought she couldn't get any more 'nature-friendly'."

"No, she's not—" Dipper started but stopped himself, "Well, yes technically she is but not like that. She physically can't have meat. She's allergic. She's also allergic to bees, but that's another thing."

Mabel and Mr. Pines exchanged a look. "Okay, I get the whole 'being allergic to bees' thing, but meat? Really?" Mabel questioned.

Dipper growled, gripping the spoon in his hand tightly. "There's something in meat that doesn't agree with her!" he yelled. "Now, are you two done? I'm on a tight schedule and I still gotta get these blondies in the oven and I haven't even started on the watermelon and feta salad—"

"—Watermelon and what?" Mr. Pines asked.

"—So either leave this kitchen or stay and help me," Dipper finished.

Mabel grinned. "Don't worry, Dipper!" she chirped. "We'll help you! Right, Grunkle Stan?"

She went to turn to her uncle but he was already making his way out of the kitchen. "Nope," he said as he left. The twins just looked at each other.

---

Once Mabel and Dipper finished with all the different varieties of foods for Dipper and Dani's afternoon tea, he packed everything up in a wicker picnic basket, along with a red and white picnic basket and a fine china tea set. Mr. Pines didn't want anything to do with the whole thing, not even wanting to drive his nephew over to Dani's house. So Dipper had to drive himself, using the golf cart as his mode of transportation. He drove through town, passing familiar faces along the way. He smiled at himself because he was convinced that today was going to be a great day. Especially since he's spending it with his best friend.