13. Fight Fighters

Dipper's POV

I had a beaming smile on my face as I spent the morning with Wendy and Dani. We decided to have brunch at the diner then head to the arcade afterward. Wendy and I were in the middle of playing a game called 'Fight Fighters' with Rumble McSkirmish and Dr. Karate as our player characters as Dani stood beside me, watching. "Watch out! Wow!" I exclaimed. "Ooh, cutscene!"

The scene changed to shots of what looked like anime close-ups. "DR. KARATE, YOU KILLED MY FATHER AGAIN!" my character, Rumble McSkirmish yelled. Wendy's character, Dr. Karate just growled back, which made my character angrier. "YOU TAKE THAT BAAACKKKK!!"

"Fight!" the game narrator announced. Wendy and I started our fight, both of our characters going at it and I could hear Dani cheering me on. I took a glance at her and smiled, blushing. She looked so adorable... But when I looked back at the game screen, I noticed Wendy was winning so I had to act quickly. Doing a few more moves, I was quick enough to knock down Wendy's character. "K.O! The winner: Rumble Mcskirmish!"

"WINNERS DON'T LOSE!" Rumble's character sprite added, giving a wink.

Wendy gave me a playful glare. "What? You cheated," she teased.

"YOU TAKE THAT BAAACK!" I shouted, imitating Rumble. I laughed and Dani giggled at me.

"Hey, Dani," Wendy said, "wanna take this next round with Dipper?"

Dani smiled and nodded as Wendy moved aside, making room for her beside me. I inched closer to her. "Round Two!" the announcer said.

I noticed Dani plastered on a determined look. "I'm gonna punch the ref," she said.

"Fight!"

"Let's gang up on him," I added with a smirk. The round started and Dani and I started using all the combo moves we could so that we weren't hitting each other but it looked as though we were hitting the referee.

"Hohoho," Wendy laughed from behind us. Dani and I soon joined in on the laughter.

We all stood there, enjoying each other's company but the mood soon changed when I got a strong whiff of body spray and I immediately knew who it was. "Wendy!" Robbie shouted as he walked up to us, his hands full of flyers. I rolled my eyes at him as he wrapped his arm around Wendy. "What's up, babe? Yeah, just putting up some flyers for my band. I'm playing lead guitar. No biggie."

I looked skeptically at one of his flyers. "Are you wearing mascara?" I asked.

"Uh, it's eye-paint for men," Robbie defended coldly.

"That's... that's still mascara," Dani remarked and I snickered.

"Hey Robbie," Wendy greeted, ignoring Dani and I. "Dipper was just showing me and Dani this great game."

"Ha, yeah, sweet, sweet," Robbie dismissed as he pushed Dani and me out of the way, giving space for himself and Wendy. "Hey, how about you sit this one out, okay kids?"

Dani and I looked at him upset. "But we just started this round," I stated and Dani nodded.

Robbie put his hands up in defense. "Whoa, whoa, hey! Relax man," he said, "I'm just trying to spend a little time with my girlfriend, alright?"

"You're not the only one!" I shot back.

I felt a hand quickly intertwine with mine and I realized it was Dani. "Dipper, please," she said. I sucked in a deep breath and sighed.

"It'll just be one round," Wendy added.

She and Robbie turned to the game's screen as the announcer said, "Round Three! Fight!"