8. Double Dipper

Dani's POV

I rode my bike over to the Mystery Shack, expecting to hang out with the twins today. Thinking about that had put a smile on my face. The Shack has become like a second home to me. And the Pines are like family now. When I got there, I hopped off my bike and walked inside the living room entrance. I was expecting a warm greeting, but no one was in the room. I set my satchel down on the yellow chair and walked into the kitchen. "Hello?" I asked. But again, no one was in there. I searched the shack looking all over for anyone at this point until I finally came upon the attraction museum. The place was emptied and was soon replaced with streams and lights along with a stage, dance floor and complimented with an overhanging disco ball. Everyone was in this room. Mr. Pines, the twins, Wendy, and Soos. They were all decorating the room and messing around with party supplies. I saw Mr. Pines checking off a list as he went around the room. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder, to which he turned around and looked down at me. "Mr. Pines, what's going on?" I asked him.

He smiled widely. "Ah, Dani!" he beamed. "Glad you're here. We're throwing a big shin-dig here at the shack tonight."

"Really?" I questioned, tilting my head in confusion. I then chuckled. "Oh, so I'm guessing this was Mabel's idea then?"

"Nope!" he corrected. "All mine."

"Oh, really?"

"Yep."

"You of all people want to throw a party? Here?"

"Mhm."

"With a bunch of rowdy, loud kids running around the place, potential destroying any expensive items you may have?"

He hesitated and averted his gaze. "That's correct."

I paused and looked suspiciously at him before shrugging. "Alright." I was about to walk off but I turned back to him and raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what do you mean 'glad you're here'? No offense, but it doesn't seem like you to be excited to see me."

Mr. Pines scoffed and rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. "Don't flatter yourself, Shortstack. I only need you here because we need all hands on deck for this party."

"But I don't even work here."

"Well, you do today," he said, slapping a party hat on top of my head.

I sighed and walked off but Wendy stopped me. "Yo, Brit, catch!" she shouted, tossing me a can. I clumsily caught and saw it was a can of silly string. I looked up at her, raising an eyebrow. She didn't say anything but instead smirked and threw her head back to where I saw the twins were sitting on a couch already playing with cans of silly string. I returned her smirk and the two of us made our way over to them, hiding our cans behind our back. "Guys, guys, stop!" Wendy exclaimed in a fake serious tone.

"Something terrible just happened!" I added in the same tone.

The twins looked up at us, blank expressions on their faces. Wendy and I exchanged a glance before spraying the twins with silly string. "BBBBLLLAAAA!" Wendy and I chorused as the twins laughed hysterically.

We stopped spraying them, still laughing and the twins stood up, brushing the silly string off of themselves. Dipper faced me, laughing. "Glad you could make it," he said.

I giggled. "You act like you're surprised to see me," I said. "I'm here almost every day." He nodded in agreement. I then took him by surprise by spraying him in the face with silly string again. Wendy soon joined me. He fought back by shooting a party popper at us. We all laughed together.

Mabel ran up to Mr. Pines and threw gold confetti on him. "Comedy gold!" she joked.

I then noticed Mr. Pines snatch the confetti away from Mabel then stormed up to us. "Alright, alright! Party supplies are now off-limits," he said, annoyed before taking our cans and Dipper's party poppers. We pouted and Dipper, Mabel, and I walked over to the refreshments table.