19. Carpet Diem

Dani's POV

I stood in the twins' bedroom beside Dipper, my foot behind the other and a golf club behind my back as Dipper leaned against his own. We watched as Mabel swung her club, hitting the ball into a plastic cup we made into a 'hole'. "Hwaah! Total domination!" She cheered and I giggled at her. We had planned and set up a mini-golf course to cure our boredom and Mabel was in the middle of beating Dipper and me. "I am the master of Attic Stuff Mini-golf! From the mighty Swiss Alps! To the badlands of Dipper's old laundry where the man fears to tread!"

I giggled once more at her comment about her brother's clothes. "Gross," I commented.

Dipper just huffed and moved in front of Mabel, causing her to back up. "Alright, let a pro on the field, or floor," he said. "Whatever." He pulled back his golf club and swung at it, but swung too hard and it ended up flying across the room. We watched as it bounced from wall to wall until it launched out the window.

I cringed when I heard the ball make an impact on someone. "Ah, my head! It hit me right in the head!" a familiar voice yelled.

"Yes, Stan shot!" Dipper cheered.

I giggled once I realized who it was. "Is that legal?" I asked.

The three of us turned to Mabel's bed to see the judge, Waddles, gnawing on the scorecards. "The judges say it's out of bounds," Mabel replied.

"You're out of bounds!" Dipper teased, proceeding to lightly jab his sister in the stomach with his golf club. I giggled at the two.

"Hey! Watch it!" Mabel exclaimed and jabbed her brother back with her golf club. They went back and forth jabbing each other in the stomach, laughing. I laughed along with them and they took notice of this. They then both jabbed me in the stomach with their clubs, causing me to laugh more. We laughed together before stopping when we heard Mabel's Meow o'clock clock started ringing. "Hey, Dipper, Dani and I gotta go hang out with Candy and Grenda tonight," Mabel informed.

I nervously scratched the back of my head. "No offense, Mabel, but I'm not sure I want to do this tonight," I confessed.

"What? Why not?" Mabel questioned. "I thought you loved it."

"Well, I do love spending time with you, Candy, and Grenda, but sometimes it can... get out of hand."

Mabel waved me off. "Oh come on, that's what makes it fun," she said. "Now you should go get ready."

Dipper looked at Mabel and me with sad eyes. "Aw, again? You guys can't leave mid-game," he pleaded.

"Don't be silly, we're not leaving. Our friends are coming to us!" Mabel explained.

This caused Dipper's face to pale. "Wait, what?" he asked scaredly and began looking around the room, pointing out the several items. "Oh no. No, no, no. Sleeping bags? Rom-coms? Calling All Boys: Preteen Edition?! You're not having a—"

As if on cue, Candy and Grenda burst through the door screaming, "Sleepover!" Dipper turned around and screamed in terror when he saw them.

Mabel raised a brow at him. "Yeesh, what a drama queen," she commented. Dipper shot her a glare as I giggled at what she said, to which Dipper then glared at me. I looked away from him nervously.

---